This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bard and Dynamis

Ok ^^ I did a search on the brd forum and couldn't find anything on this topic.. (was a bit suprise since we have so many high lvl brd on this forum, maybe I didn't use the search function properly?)

Anyway, I am lvl 67 and I would like to start participating in Dynamis run. I would like some advice in general what our role is in Dynamis. (esp in the lower lvl range) I know what we sing depends on the PT we're distributed to... but I still have some questions I would like to know:

1. For macro purpose, what songs are most often use and on who? (ie. Pld should have double ballad or vit + etude @_@? Sleep PT, +int etude on blm before sleep or double ballad?)

2. At what level should I attempt to help with horde control? (ie. use lullaby)

3. Is Carnage Elegy useful? If at what lvl will I be able to land it?

4. Is the fact that I am unable to use second teir prelude a reason for me to hold of dynamise till 71?

5. Other general advise/strategy?
    Brd 67/ Whm 42 / Blm 26
    Clothcraft 72.0

From my own personal experience in Dynamis, it really depends on the number of Bards. . .

I started promptly at Level 65 with an "open house" Dynamis where my first orders were to simply Double Ballad on the Black Mage team.

As I moved up, I ended up doing Double Minuet work for the Ranger team, Prelude was never an issue unless someone not completely leveled asked for it.

Lullabying seemed to be "reserved" for a set who was used to doing it. You Lullabied if your hands were free, and we had a Bard puller who was on the scene and had the appropriate timing of lullabying in synch with his own monster grabbing.

Elegy-ing became a fun game between other Bards and myself as we tried to cancel each other's out. I don't think you'll be steadily Elegy-ing until about 72, which is when I managed to get consistant hits with the right Skill + equipment.

Lullaby will come really easy at about the same time with just a String Torque and a Lullaby Harp.

I picked up a Coat, a set of Gloves, and a Relic Horn over the course of 6 months before leaving at the tail end of our Beaucenadine Runs. . . And I really can't recall using Prelude that often.

Comment

never Requiem anything.

Elegy whatever you like.

Ballad x 2 if you're in a BLM PT.

Minuet x 2 if you're in a RNG PT.

don't be in the PLD PT, if you must than either do Ballad x 2 or Ballad II + Minne. ask them what they want.

if you're in a mix PT pretty much do like normal, try to Ballad the mages and try to Minuet the melee. if you get into some specialize PTs like a MNK PT than do March x 2.

don't Prelude or Etude, waste of time.

BLMs are usually first sleepers, there'll be BRDs who specialize in assisting with sleep.

do help with sleeping Hecteyes and whatever else need Lullaby to sleep.

Horde Lullaby gets BRDs killed more than anything but someone has to do it. i'd suggest not doing it if you're not 75 and have XP to burn.

i started Dynamis @Lv 70 and Elegy landed fine than. i didn't do much Lullaby work till 75.
      Sendoh - Bahamut
      BRD
      AIM: Layoneil

Comment

We often get the responsibility of sleeping pets, esp. the ones resistant to BLM Sleep.

Sometimes, I try to do the first Horde Lullaby, then the BLMS overwrite with their Sleepga2, which will give them hate.

Best advice was to wait until 75 with a buffer, though. ^^
        Jaysensen-Kujata
        Bard/WhiteMage
        LastStands
        www.livejournal.com/users/jaysensen

Comment

My LS does its with about 30-40 people and usually I am the only bard there. I'm usually at the front line with the blm and rdm. This makes me.. healer for the blm pt, sleeper and ballad tank.

What has been said is very true.. its situational. You might be sleeping things (expect to die), or just spamming minuet. All depends where you get thrown in. I help out the puller alot as well.
          Leri ~ Phoenix
          75BRD 75WHM 75NIN

Comment

Maybe just few more advice things is...

Prepare on {death} and sometime you will only get R1 because Dynamis is time limit (>_<); so make sure have buffer exp so you will not lvl down... expensive food and drinks and potion is good because it helping lots the team! But prepare on maybe lost it because you die tho

Get ready RR song because sometime the bad thing maybe happen~ so if thing is not look good... atleast you can saving on time for mage Raise for your pt.

Take care on Horde Lullaby song because maybe you are aggro on some more mob is close and then you will have link and then it is big trouble~ (O_o) So watch out range okies~

Blink Band helping me lots because Bard already so low for MP...

Last advice thing is maybe is apply for all jobs... Try to prepare on your equips, armor, weapons, foods, potion, etc. one night before... so if you are log on next morning and go for Dynamis right away, you are ready! Your LS leader will super appreciate on it because most time is take maybe 1 hour set up all the pt and alliance good. If you are stand to there and ready with flag up, it super help make thing go faster and then dont have to rush for organize everyone.

GL on Dynamis la~ Gambatte! ˆˆ

Soonyi.
            75Brd . 37Whm . 22Smn

"Seeing or hearing things the same way isn't important... Sharing the same moments in your life is." - Romilda, Port Bastok.

www.tempestls.net

Comment

Some more additional advice:

For the 4 starting towns and even Beaucedine really, i prefer and recomend all your defense gear and even to eat defensive food. +Skill and CHR won't make much of a difference in these zones, at 75 they should all be easy enough to sleep. For Xarcabard however, i recomend the direct opposite in the way of equipment. Here i like to wear all my +Skill gear possible. Minstrel coat, AF1 hands, AF1 pants, AF 2 boots. Could use dagger too but prefer apollo and titan staves for lullaby/elegy.

As mentioned with Lullaby be sure you know the range of your horde lullaby. Also take note if you hit any statues with the song. Since statues cannot be slept, be sure to run if your lullaby has hit them before anyone else has claimed hate on it. Otherwise statues will wreck you. I also like to use Harp here (Nursemaid's) despite having a lesser success rate than Horn, simply cause the large range is so needed at times over what Horn would offer.

And lastly, stoneskin, stoneskin, stoneskin. Whether it's the mass amount of attacks from waking mobs, random AOEs, or even the times where a horde fails and you have all hate on the on-coming train, you'll want to have stoneskin up. Try and keep it up at all times, just don't get caught casting it when slept mobs rewake.

I really enjoy BRD in dynamis though, really feels like an important piece to doing well and you're constantly busy. So enjoy it and have fun -

Comment

Originally posted by Leri
                I help out the puller alot as well.
                Another bit of advice. If you help out the puller like Leri has mentioned. I really suggest asking your BLMs and RDMs what their favored spell is and cast that corrasponding threnody on the statue. Really helps make sure the mages make quick kills on the statues. Do be careful during this though, it may pull more hate than the one who pulled, so careful of where you drag the statue and careful not to let the statue come for you and begin beating on you.

Comment

Working...
                X