This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skillchain Support - Threnody?

Alright, quick story. My static, of which I am the low ball member (highest is 65 RNG, average 63-64 for the rest, then poor me bringing up the rear at 62 ATM - I've got some extra leveling to do to catch up) had a Monk who was in one of our flexable slots hit 65 tonight, and gain that all impressive skill Dragon Kick. So being the crazy people we were, we started working with Darters in Boyada Tree and had our RNG, PLD, and MNK pull off a three step skillchain.

2/3rds of the time our Light Skillchain burst for about 150% of the damage of our Monk's Dragon Kick. With our highest damage round being around 3000 damage (200 Damage Flaming Arrow + 50 damage Flat Blade + 800 Damage Dragon Kick + 1200 Light Chain + Magic Bursts from RDM and BLM) we were all obviously impressed with our new toy.

And so that finally brings me to my question - what can I do to support a Light Skillchain? While there's the obvious boosting melee damage with songs, does anyone know for certain if Threnodys will increase the chance of a skillchain causing the maximum damage? And if so, what would be the best Threnody to use before the SC goes off? The element of the spell our mages are bursting (at this point Thunder and Fire?) Or does using Light Threnody more directly support such a chain?

Thanks for your time.
    ~~~Rune Grey~~~
    Bard 67/WHM33 Bastok Rank 8
    All AF [x]

Genkai 1 - 4 = Complete!
    Current Zilart Mission=14
    Sky Pass=Obtained!

For Light and Dark I personally ask the Mage which spell they will be bursting and use the appropriate Threnody.
    【MNK 75 - WAR 75 - NIN 75 - BRD 75 - WHM 75】

Comment

I usually just land the threnody that the BLM is bursting with.
      If you really have time one ur hand, then u can also try to land the stat. etude that affects the SC closer's WS most (the multiplier of the closer's WS). ie. for mnk and sam, Str+ Etude.
      Brd 67/ Whm 42 / Blm 26
      Clothcraft 72.0

Comment

i've tried Light and Dark Threnody a few times and they didn't seem to change whether or not the SC effect got resisted. so i just went back to using Threnody for the Magic Burst.
        Sendoh - Bahamut
        BRD
        AIM: Layoneil

Comment

Working...
        X