X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the new job forums?

Get on it mods.

Also,

Looking at the name “rune fencer” it is actually not a magic based job, as they will be consuming runes to gain special effects. To give a bit more insight into the actual name, I will share a quick Japanese lesson with you all. Red mage, black mage, and other “mage” jobs utilize the kanji
    “魔道士” which denotes a mage or wizard-type role. On the other hand, rune fencer in Japanese
    is “魔導剣士” which uses a slightly different kanji “魔導.” Both are actually pronounced the same way (madou) but are different in the sense that the latter is used to denote more of a sage-type character. With that said, it might seem to overlap with the image of red mage, but it is in fact completely different.

On another note, for all of you who may still be wondering what the main weapon for rune fencer will be, as many has guessed it will be great sword. However, they will still be able to fully utilize one-hand swords as well.

Attack wise, since they are using great sword, we are planning to have them deal higher damage than paladins. As a tank role though, generating higher enmity than your melee and other damage dealers with attacks alone is quite impossible, so we will be looking into other methods to gain enmity.

In regards to their defensive capabilities, as was stated their specialty is magical defense and elemental resistance, but they will not be able to have all resistances enhanced at once and will have to use runes skillfully to enhance themselves.

Mystic Knight 2nd new job - Page 9

Re: Where are the new job forums?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HqRtz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1474928
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Just to confirm, this is a totally real thing and not a trick to get me to eat more hats, right?
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Lulz

But yeah, Feng Shui Soldier and Mystic Knight. Doooo eeeet Tasky.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

What are the official english names? Geomancer and Rune Fencer?

Comment

Rune Fencer may or may not be changed (since everybody insists on calling it Mystic Knight, even though the runes are as important to them as Ninja Tools to a Ninja), but for now they're sticking with it.

Just in case, it wouldn't be too difficult to change the name of a sub-forum, would it?
            Last edited by Yellow Mage; 06-28-2012, 02:45 PM. Reason: On that note, that debunks my "50% of jobs will use MP" theory pretty hard.
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Geomancer

Name:	20071214-angry-god-sistine-chapel.jpg
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1474930 Rune Fencer

Comment

Boring names are boring.
                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I like Rune Fencer, but it doesn't really make sense for someone using a great sword. But then, the last job to get "fencer" plastered all over it was red mage.

Name:	19931841.jpg
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1474931

Mystic Knight has much more flavor, but Feng Shui Soldier just sounds silly.

Comment

How about Feng Shui Warrior? Either way it's written 風水士 (Fuusui-shi) which means something like Feng Shui adept or professional or Feng Shui-er. XD

Although I have to agree their concept of Fencer is pretty screwed up.

- - - Updated - - -

PS > If you are wondering what kind of talent a 風水士 has think Li Shaoran from Sakura or those guys that appeared in one of the last arcs of the Rurouni Kenshin anime. They use feng shui and both the bell and the Luopan to create "magic" effects, though they are supposed to be directing and redirecting the energy lines of the earth or the Ley lines.

Etc. etc.
                    sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                      I like Rune Fencer, but it doesn't really make sense for someone using a great sword. But then, the last job to get "fencer" plastered all over it was red mage.
                      Except for the one time they made that Job Trait (which would work wonderfully with Great Swords, I'm sure) . . .
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

I started to reply, but decided to spare everyone from the torrent of stale rage that rushed back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                          I started to reply, but decided to spare everyone from the torrent of stale rage that rushed back to me.
                          I would say "join the club," but I think you're a leader of it at this point.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                          X