I could use an explanation of the job system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use an explanation of the job system

I've had the PS2 version of the games since it came out, however I live so far out in the country that I can just now get high-speed internet. I had lost the original game so I just purchased the game for 360 really wanting to play it, but I am so confused with the working of the job system. I understand for the advanced jobs you have to be a certain level and do a quest to get them. I would like to be an Elvaan BST/WHM as soon as possible (I know you cant start off this way) so how do I do it? Do I start of as something then put WHM as a support job until I can do the quest to become a BST? I've read the manual and several other things but nothing spreads much light on how it works, I'd really appreciate any help.

Re: I could use an explanation of the job system

You need to choose one of the base jobs available in your mog house to start. Level that first job to level 18 and then complete the sub job quest:

* Elder Memories, from Isacio, at (G-10) in Selbina, Elder Memories - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
    or
    * The Old Lady, from Vera, at (G-10) in Mhaura. The Old Lady - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Then you can level a sub job. Please do NOT decide to just go straight to level 30 so you can open beastmaster. Take the time to open up your sub job by doing the quest and then actually leveling a sub job and keep it leveled evenly with the main job you'll be playing. If you go straight to level 30 you will be coming back here and complaining about people harassing you and you may even quit because the game just won't be that enjoyable with everyone giving you a hard time for not having a sub job.

Your sub job will be 1/2 the level of your main job. So if you level Warrior to 18 and open up sub jobs, then the levels will be Warrior 18/ Mnk 1. (Just using Mnk as an example) So you'll need to go out and level Mnk to level 9 in order to have a proper sub job for your level 18 Warrior. So then you'll be War 18/Mnk 9. So if you go out and level War more, you'll have to keep leveling Mnk also. If you'd level Mnk to 28 and your War was 18 and you were using War as the main job, then it would be War 18/Mnk 9 still....it can only be 1/2 the level of your main job no matter what level its at and only if you have it leveled high enough to be that level.

Then when you get to 30 you can do the bst quest:

Beastmaster - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

At that link, you'll find all the required quests that you need to complete to become a bst.

Here is a guide to bst also:

Beastmaster: Guide to Playing the Job - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Read up, its the best way to determine what path you should take to get to your goal.
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 10-17-2009, 12:32 AM.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
    X