Combat skill Merit allocation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat skill Merit allocation problem

The 3 jobs I have at 75 are, Paladin, Thief and Ranger.

The only endgame stuff I do is Dynamis, which is the only thing I really use Paladin at that's not capped one way or another.

I'm almost never on Ranger, and when I do, it's generally a "throw DD at it" so it doesn't matter too much on my personal performance.

About 95% of my time is spent on Thief, soloing/farming/campaign etc.

However, at the moment I am leveling Corsair in stops and starts as I'm farming between levels, so there's plenty of time to decide which merit points I want to put into where for when it hits 75.

That out the way.... where should I put my merit points?

I was thinking 8 dagger, 8 marksmanship, and 4 evasion to maximise Thief, and Corsair also benefits from the marksmanship boost... or should I have 4 in dagger, and 4 in sword to help with joytoy TP when I'm on Corsair?

Or perhaps a split of 5 dagger, 5 sword, 6 marksmanship, and 4 evasion?
    Quotes

Re: Combat skill Merit allocation problem

I feel for you, I really do. Multiple 75 jobs and assigning merits can drive you mad! I had a couple characters that were mage AND dd. Another that was dd AND tank. I eventually went to straight mage or dd or tank on characters to save myself the hair pulling.

About the only advice I will give you is to decide on one or two jobs out of all your 75's and stick with working on those the most. Trying to balance between more than 2 is just a waste of time and you end up with a bunch of mediocore jobs instead of 2 great ones. Also, pick jobs that YOU love to play and not the jobs that your ls wants you to play. I started with trying to please the ls and realized it was affecting my fun so I said screw that and put my merits where I wanted them. (I know you are already on this train of thought but I put it out there for others as well.) Good luck Empedocles!
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
      I feel for you, I really do. Multiple 75 jobs and assigning merits can drive you mad! I had a couple characters that were mage AND dd. Another that was dd AND tank. I eventually went to straight mage or dd or tank on characters to save myself the hair pulling.
      I've got 7 jobs @75, WHM 68 and currently taking RDM up (stuck at 53 atm... spent over 10 hours seeking today and not a single god damn invite wtf. Thankfully I had things to do around the house)

I would max out Dagger and Marksmanship, then dump the remaining 4 into evasion or Sword (probably evasion)

Honestly while the sword merits are nice, they won't make that huge an impact and since you're a THF I'm assuming you'll be getting a Suppa at some point if you haven't already. Dagger and Marksmanship will see the biggest returns on your investment, especially if you spend a lot of time on THF.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Sword merit is nice for COR with Joyeuse. COR/DNC especially benefit, I would think, but I wouldn't mind a COR TP'ing with Joyeuse for Slugshot either, provided he's using decent TP'ing and decent WS'ing setup. (May also work for THF/NIN with Suppanomimi who off-hand Justice Sword? I don't know...)

Given that COR is probably currently the hottest job for merit parties, can just try a merit setup--if you don't like it after COR reaches 75, remove merits and re-allocate as you please.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
        X