Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting out new, what class goes well with BLM partner

Hello All,

I need some advice, my friend and I are coming back to FFXI, he has a lv 45 BlM with Sumonner/white mage as subs or anyway the 3 combo he will use in whatever way he wants, I will be starting new.

Seeing as I am starting over we want to duo as much as possible, what would you suggest would be a good Starting job and sub job for me before reaching the advanced jobs that would argument his ether Healing/damage or Damage/Healing.

I was thinking Warrior/Mnk for a tanking survivability while he heals/nukes
    Your Life is your own, Stand up and Live it!

Re: Starting out new, what class goes well with BLM partner

I recommend Blm + Blm. My next choices would be Rdm + Blm or Sch + Blm. Now i am looking at this from the stand point that Blm makes a really good solo job that fights Smn and Bst pets. In that role they use the pull > sleep > nuke method, so a melee hitting the mob would just wake the mob which would come after the Blm. Two mages with elemental magic will kill faster, safer, and more efficiently.

Now there are other ways to duo where you can pick a melee job and the Blm would add dmg and healing. But my recommendation would be to do it from the Blm solo way of exp'ing.
    "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Yeah 2 BLM can duo BST pets for very nice (and much more safely than solo)

RDM works as well later on when they get refresh and convert but your chains may suffer from lack of raw fire power.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

duo blm ftw
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Awsome, thanks for the advice!
          Your Life is your own, Stand up and Live it!

Comment

Working...
          X