DD/Tank Job selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD/Tank Job selection

As of now, I am lvling a warrior. But I woudl like to be a pretty Damage Dealing class while being able to tank as well. As of now, I can only see War/Nin being able to do both jobs well. Besides that, do you guys know of any good job compisitions that can fill both roles? Thanks a bunch!

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: DD/Tank Job selection

You need to decide what you want to be more: A tank or a DD. WAR/NIN can't main tank on its own. The two dedicated tank jobs, NIN and PLD, are capable of some damage, but naturally it won't match that of a dedicated DD, nor will they be invited for that purpose (although dealing damage is necessary for effective tanking in many situations.)

Comment

sounds like nin is something you should look into, I've seen some pretty good numbers come out of them.

Comment

I am currently lvling with a group make up of War (myself), Whm, Mnk, blm, rdm, pld. My pld friend might change to drk once we hit 30, so I thoguht war/nin woudl be fit for the job.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

I'd go with nin, tanking with it until 37 is kind of rough anyway, so you could DD until you hit 30 then tank when you get more tools to help.

Comment

If that's your static then you need a PLD or NIN tank. It takes two WAR/NINs to tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvane View Post
              sounds like nin is something you should look into, I've seen some pretty good numbers come out of them.
              NIN can put out alright damage, but no where near what a dedicated DD will be able to. OP needs to figure out what he wants more: damage output or damage mitigation. I still recommend PLD to you. Great self-sufficient tank, and at later levels, gear opens up to allow PLD to DD fairly well. A well gear PLD wont match a moderately-geared DRK tit4tat, but a PLD that can hold hate and contribute to damage output is always welcomed.
              Last edited by Ameroth; 04-05-2009, 09:49 PM. Reason: grammrrrr

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
              ------
              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Well, technically WAR does tank by dealing damage >.> (more so than PLD or NIN anyway in terms of raw power and not counting shuriken) but generally the job has crap for defense tools.

C- evasion, high HP and heavy armor are about all a WAR has (Defender's a joke, and Retaliation requires you actually get hit) and so past the 30's WAR tanking goes down hill fast without a blink partner. It picks up again at 74 when you can use Utsusemi: Ni however and a lot of people like having a WAR/NIN handy for merit parties because of provoke & shadows (and WAR will generally out damage a NIN)
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                X