Stuck between smn and pup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck between smn and pup.

i am stuck between smn and pup i want to lv. I have lv 60 smithing so money is not a concern. I like to be useful and i love pet jobs what do you think would be better for me.

Also do you think smn might get a update to be more of a dd job then it currently is.

I also like to solo at times and love to party also

Re: Stuck between smn and pup.

Do you like main healing? Are you able to get all of the summons? These are things you'll want to think about. I mean, no one is going to tell you what you'll enjoy more, but we can get a better idea based on where you are in terms of progress and preference.

PUP probably won't party as much as SMN, but that depends on your server and circle of friends, really.

Comment

While party invites aren't the most friendly with either job, Puppetmaster more often gets to "do their thing" in parties and you won't get pushed around like Summoners do for main healing. On the flip side Summoner has an easier time getting into endgame linkshells and invites for mission runs. If it's the storyline you're after then you might want to stick with Summoner.

Comment

yeah my pup was lv 63 but since lv 50 i had to campaign because party invite what is that. Or lol crap i get. I just sold about 1.5 mil in gear and i will star smn

Comment

Yeah there is still lolpup. It has gotten better but it's still there. I have gotten mostly positive feedback while leveling Puppetmaster so far. I think Magic Mortar helped with making people realize that Puppetmaster is a force to be reckoned with. It didn’t last long but it helped people acknowledge the job’s capabilities. The weapon skills update was an improvement none the less.

But like I said, Puppetmaster is still struggling to find its place in the endgame scene. This is part of the reason why I am leveling Corsair. While still not as desirable as Red Mage or Bard, it will more easily help me to get involved with the game’s later content than I would with only Puppetmaster as my main job.

Comment

Working...
          X