what jobs would fit me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what jobs would fit me?

what jobs would fit me? and i mean sub job as well.. i want to use a great sword heavy armor and do mediumblack magic spells.. whats jobs main job and sub job would fit me? thanks

Re: what jobs would fit me?

Pld/Smn

Comment

pld/smn? so id get to heal myself slash up with my great sword then summon if i want?

Comment

noooo dont do that lol. Paladin/summoner is a bad combo.

With what you're saying, I think the best fit for you is a dark knight (though you should level Scythe along with greatsword I think). Elemental magic is kind of pointless the higher you get, but they do have some interesting enfeeble-ish spells like drain stats, TP, etc as well as drain and aspir.

Comment

so make a dark knight... and what would my sub be ?

Comment

Read this if you haven't. Along with the stickies in the Dark Knight forum.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

A few things.

First, you don't make a Dark Knight. You make a Warrior, Monk, Thief, Red Mage, White Mage, or Black Mage, and you level those up to 30 and unlock Dark Knight. I'd suggest Warrior, because that's what you'll sub most of the time. But you'll also sub Thief, and Ninja, and a few other random subs depending on what you're doing at the time.

And seriously, read the various links that people have been providing you with all day today.

Comment

/THF, /War, /Sam, /Nin are most commen for Damage for xp Party

/BLM, /Nin, /WHM, /Rdm, /Blu, /DNC are some I've used for soloing and goofing off.

So basicly just about anything and everything.

But for advancde explaing as to why I would suggest you read the stickys Ellipes suggested. I don't think they have been updated to include /DNC or /SCH but by the time you unlock DRK and lvl it to 30 you should see a common theme of what most ppl use to sub.
                Last edited by Phanex; 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

i just wanna be a damage dealer who uses a great sword and heavy armor... what job would that be? idk.. im guessing i should sty a warrior? warrior/blackmage?

Comment

Just go DRK/WAR or DRK/SAM or DRK/THF and you'll be fine trust me.

Dark Knights use both Great Sword and Black Magics. So you should be happy with the job once you unlock it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by moogle pwnt View Post
                      i just wanna be a damage dealer who uses a great sword and heavy armor... what job would that be? idk.. im guessing i should sty a warrior? warrior/blackmage?
                      Are you even reading everyone's replies?

Comment

I think he's a professional troll, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

honestly, given your attitude, you might be better off going with another game. FFXI is not easy, nor is it friendly for people that don't research their stuff well ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nataka View Post
                            noooo dont do that lol. Paladin/summoner is a bad combo.
                            I put a lot of thought into that.

Comment

Don't let them get you down, Dak! Keep on truckin!

Comment

Working...
                              X