Why no 3rd job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why no 3rd job?

I think there are quite a few people who feel this way, myself included. Mostly because there was so much hype and talk about it without SE saying anything to tone it down. Both in regards to the number of jobs that were introduced as well as the job "classes". Personally I think it would have been better if SE implemented at least 1 of the more popular/asked for jobs instead of completely deciding what they themselves wanted and act accordingly. Suprise jobs which noone anticipates is great, there should always be some "woah I never thought of that" moments, but at the same time I think a balance between those moments and some moments actually living up to what people expect is needed.
    Like I said, I think the problem here is a mix of both SE waiting too long before getting us any information(they always do hehe) letting rumours flow freely basically and also ONLY releasing "suprise" jobs. I mean peoples anticipations strongly influence ones feelings towards the end result. If you have your hopes too high you will get dissapointed even if the end result is good, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsrwedge View Post
      Dancer at level 60 is quite fun to play and far from "lame" - this coming from a career mage.
      The game came out yesterday and you're already level 60? That's some serious FFing man.
      BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
      Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by bri360 View Post
        Well WOTG is now out and no 3rd job has been released. Diddnt they say in the 1up and other interviews 3 new jobs will be released like the other expansions? I hope they do release a new job in an update or something cause seriously, the jobs they released now look lame at best...
        They said there would be new jobs, specifying more than one but never gave a number.

Originally posted by Tsrwedge View Post
        Dancer at level 60 is quite fun to play and far from "lame" - this coming from a career mage.

Scholar is amusing as well, though perhaps it has more potential as a subjob than a main.
        I disagree. I was planning to use /SCH as a sub but after looking at the spells all the weather spells are too high to sub. I'd say its more useful now as a main than a sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Prons View Post
          The game came out yesterday and you're already level 60? That's some serious FFing man.
          People who attended the Fanfest got to play the job at lvl 60.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Belcrono View Post
            Personally I think it would have been better if SE implemented at least 1 of the more popular/asked for jobs instead of completely deciding what they themselves wanted and act accordingly. Suprise jobs which noone anticipates is great, there should always be some "woah I never thought of that" moments, but at the same time I think a balance between those moments and some moments actually living up to what people expect is needed.
            I'm just gonna pop in and say that, since I joined FFXI, Dancer was always brought up as one of the coolest potential jobs, and I know a large amount of people who have wanted it for a large amount of time. I'd definitely count Scholar as a WTF job, but I would say that Dancer was a well liked, well wanted job.

Comment

Originally posted by bri360
              I hope they do release a new job in an update or something
              They're not going to release a third job. Even though I wanted to see three jobs myself; 20 is a nice even number. I got over my grief and got used to it. You should too.

Yes I have, I just dont like them.
              Have you tried playing DNC or SCH yet? When I first saw DNC I hated it, but after reading up on their JA and such, I can't wait to try it out!
              ic...Well I guess its still possible that another job will be released, I hope lol.
              *sigh* Just because they released SMN later on, they won't do the same thing again in Wings. If another job gets released most likely it will be in the next expansion.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
              'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
              Dymlos
              Bahamut server
              Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Working...
              X