War And Thf Gear Suggestions 60-70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War And Thf Gear Suggestions 60-70

Normally I don't start threads but seein as I have a self imposed time limit on this goal I felt it would be needed. Also, not sure which Job forum to put this in seeing as it's about two jobs...so it's being posted here. >.>

Long story short, I wanna take both Thf and War to 70 before the expansion hits. But a big part of that is buying gear in advanced and knowing what I'll need. I haven't really bought anything major for either job as of late so I'm wondering if I'm missing some awesome piece of gear or if there are any really good pieces coming up I should start saving for. I can be satisfied with "Not the best but damn good" type gear so things like 'unneeded' HQ items or super HNM drops need not apply.

Anyway, here's what I have now(please ignore all spelling errors, doing this from memory):

Theif: 65
    Main: Cerment Kuhkri+1
    Sub: Chicken Knife, Corsair's Knife, Strike Shield
    Ra: Combat Caster Boomerang+1, Thugs Xbow
    Ammo: Bolts, lots of em
    Head: Voyager Sallet(SA/TP), Empress Hairpin(TA)
    Body: Raperre Harness(TP), Ankiji Peti(TP), Black Cotehardi(SATA)
    Hands: Hume RSE
    Legs: Thf AF(TA), Noct legs+1(SA), Feral+1(TP)
    Feet: Tabin Boots+1(TP), Leaping Boots (SATA)
    Neck: Chiv Chain(TP), Spike(SA)
    Back: Amemet Mantle(TP), Republic Mantle(SA)
    Waist: Quick (TP), Potent(TP), Life(TP), RK+1(SATA)
    Rings: Ven/Wood(TP), Deftx2(SA)
    Ear: Storm/Spike(TP), Dronex2(TA)

With Thf I recently tried to start a 'Haste Build' set up, with /nin, low delay Dag, and the Quick/Rap Harness combo. I eat Sole Sushi in this set up, and had ok results but nothing too astounding yet. Otherwise I'm eating 'Chiefs, and using my Potent/Ankinji combo stacking Att/Acc. Also, I constantly find myself pulling, which means I'm leaving the fights early losing out on TP gain...but find the Chicken Knife really helps with that.

Warrior: 62
    Main: Dark Steel Axe+1, Heavy Dark Steel Axe
    Sub: Tungi, Bloodsword, Mythril Strap+1
    Ra: Thug's Xbow
    Ammo: Bolts some more...
    Head: Voyager Sallet(TP), AF (tank)
    Body: Haubegeon, AF(Defender up)
    Hands: Spiked Finger(tp), AF(tank)
    Legs: RK
    Feet: AF
    Neck: Chiv Chain
    Back: Amemet Mantle, Republic Mantle(tank)
    Waist: Quick, Potent
    Rings: Ven/Wood
    Ear: Storm/Spike

Really not sure what, if anything, can be upgraded/changed with this set up. I want to make sure I have both Offensive and Defensive gear ready, but not sure what trumps AF. If and when I tank/get hate, I'll stick to my Haub, but switch hands and head to AF as Vsallet and SFGs have little to no def. I also tried the Quick Belt on both /nin and /sam, but it's barely noticable at all. Currently Axe, Gaxe and Sword are all capped, but I often find myself /nin Axe/Axe due to crappy tanks and little healing in TP burns.

Currently, my choice subs are lvl, Nin 42, Mnk 37 and Sam 35. Besides the obvious War subbing thf and Thf subbing war. I have on average 500k, and no real super way to make cash other then Assaults...and basic farming.

Mission Progress is as follows:
    Rank 6
    RoZ 4
    ToAU 13(?)Black Coffin
    Assault Sergant Major (do em every Tues+Fri)
    CoP Sacrium mission

And for the hell of it, I'm giving myself a week to do G4 without the aid of an external web site or spoilers.

So if anyone has any gear suggestions, or combat tactical advice or what have you, any help would be appriciated.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Re: War And Thf Gear Suggestions 60-70

Ok, somewhat update and bump

Both War and Thf are 65, though very little has actually changed gear wise. Whether that's good or bad I'm still not sure.

With Thf, I just got a new possible offhand dagger...but it's not really an improvement over anything I just got it cause it looked nice and was cheap. With War I got a Colossal Axe, and a Sword Grip (the -delay grip) to combine with the quick belt to see if I can't get a slightly faster swing set up, but may sell the strap back and get the Polestrap instead.

But otherwise, nothing has changed...and it just feels off. There's gotta be some really good, yet attainable item I'm missing, or something that's just a few lvls ahead of me that I should seriously work towards getting, or maybe even a food or something I don't know about.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Not much time to take apart your gear and write a thorough post because I have to study. Just want to point out a few things:

1) Bloodsword is junk. Sell it. Use that money for a Valkyrie's Mask.

2) Haste is going to be just as effective regardless of the Delay of your weapons. /NIN and low Delay daggers won't make your Haste more effective. Take your mind off of Delay and focus on what's the best weapon overall (i.e. high DMG/sec.)

3) I'd use Haub 24/7. Can't think of a very good reason to put on Fighter's Lorica except maybe macroing it into Provoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        Not much time to take apart your gear and write a thorough post because I have to study. Just want to point out a few things:
        1) Bloodsword is junk. Sell it. Use that money for a Valkyrie's Mask.
        2) Haste is going to be just as effective regardless of the Delay of your weapons. /NIN and low Delay daggers won't make your Haste more effective. Take your mind off of Delay and focus on what's the best weapon overall (i.e. high DMG/sec.)
        3) I'd use Haub 24/7. Can't think of a very good reason to put on Fighter's Lorica except maybe macroing it into Provoke.
        1) Bloodsword is more for show and fun then anything, but if the Valk mask is really that much of an improvement over the Vsallet I'll definately pick one up. Used to have have a Walkurie mask before I got the Vsallet, but sold it right after.

2) I was sorta hoping to hear something like this. I always prefered higher Dmg over lower delay, so I'll definately keep that in mind.

3) Mainly my Lorica is in my Defender Macro along with most of the rest of my AF, so keeping it there, and maybe making a special voke macro for it, works for me.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

In retrospect, I'd only use Valkyrie's Mask for dual wielding. The sallet is fine for great axe (definitely looks better, too.) I'd also like to ponit out that Valkyrie's Mask isn't an omgbbq improvement, but it's a better use of your money than Bloodsword. Actually, I'd recommend getting Walkure because THF can use it too.

What's your Defender macro for, though? Tanking or "oh shit I got hate?" I'm not too keen on using it for tanking.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            In retrospect, I'd only use Valkyrie's Mask for dual wielding. The sallet is fine for great axe (definitely looks better, too.) I'd also like to ponit out that Valkyrie's Mask isn't an omgbbq improvement, but it's a better use of your money than Bloodsword. Actually, I'd recommend getting Walkure because THF can use it too.
            What's your Defender macro for, though? Tanking or "oh shit I got hate?" I'm not too keen on using it for tanking.
            It's more of an "Oh crap, hate!" thing...and only then it's used when healers are low on MP and we've already had a loss or something. Mainly a last ditched effort to give others time to regroup themselves or just plain get the hell outta there.

And one of the reasons I even have the Bloodsword is cause I got it on a lucky lowball bid. I paid less then a 3rd of what it was worth, maybe all of 90k...back when that wasn't a lot. I've actually spent more on useless furniture then I have on that sword.

And I knew there was a better reason I had the Walk mask over the Valk...besides it being cheaper. I'll certainly look that up again.

Comment

I think there is a beret @ 65 with +acc
              it's only like +2 but still cool I guess

fk yes

Comment

Working...
              X