Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character progression. Your thoughts, please ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character progression. Your thoughts, please ??

Last edited by Boldfinger; 12-21-2023, 07:11 PM.
    It's too orangey for crows, it's just for me and my dog...

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
    Momma used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Now she says, "If you don't have anything nice to say, go post in Killing Ifrit."

Re: Character progression. Your thoughts, please ??

Let's see:
    • WAR is a nice general purpose subjob. So taking it to 37 regardless of your intentions later on is a good idea.
    • NIN could be soloed to 37. I soloed most of my 37 levels on NIN. It's slow going, but doable. That said, it's a job in high demand, so the party invites are there if you want to take them.
    • WHM? Not so much with the solo. Kills would be painfully slow, and you'd have to target mobs that didn't give you much exp at all. You'll probably have to party that up to 37. That said, especially in the early stages of the game, a WHM is pretty valuable to a party. So you shouldn't have much trouble getting invites.
    • THF is really your call. It's worthwhile to take the job to 37 (which can be soloed, but again, at a slower rate than in parties), but whether to take it further to 45 is kind of something you have to figure out on your own. You'll probably be ok with just /THF and Treasure Hunter I, but again, your call.

Comment

Re: Character progression. Your thoughts, please ??

Lv.37 is nice, but aim for Lv.40 for your some of your support jobs. That way, you'd have more option for BCNMs and level capped fights (like those found in CoP missions).

If you want to solo WHM or THF, I recommend you level BST past your target levels for those two jobs first. That way, you can solo as WHM/BST or THF/BST.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Last edited by Boldfinger; 12-21-2023, 07:10 PM.
        It's too orangey for crows, it's just for me and my dog...

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
        Momma used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Now she says, "If you don't have anything nice to say, go post in Killing Ifrit."

Comment

Working...
        X