Having class trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having class trouble.

How did you guys choose your class after 30? I still don't know, there's so many classes! HELP PLEASE!!

Re: Having class trouble.

For some reason I just wanted to be SMN. That goal alone took up all of my newbie days, since SMN isn't exactly a friendly job to jump into. After SMN, I did RNG and BLM for a bit, then did a coin toss between SAM and MNK. MNK won and I ended up leveling it.

SAM is reaaally high on the list of jobs I want to level, but can't (due to lol-connection). I've been leveling RDM and BRD slowly, since people generally don't care if either are slightly laggy (at least until higher levels when bards are expected to pull and keep 4 songs up).

Best thing to do is to level everything a bit if you have the time. It doesn't really hurt to unlock the jobs (although some are harder than others). Some jobs change a lot as you get higher level in them too.
    Generic Info!

Comment

honestly? I flipped a coin.

Comment

I wanted to be a Dragoon before I even started playing.

What do you enjoy the most?

Do you like taking a beating and laughing while controlling the fight? PLD

Want to heal and help save the day? WHM

Like to make things go all explodey? BLM

Enjoy and active support role and want to level fast? BRD

Want to tear stuff up without having to think too much? go with most DD jobs

Want some versatility in job pathing and abilities? Go for DRG, RDM, PUP, BLU or COR

Like to play with yourself? BST

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Dude. Coin toss. Apparently I want to be a Taru NIN. Yay~

Comment

taru NINs rock! expensive though...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I went with BLU because it seemed like it was more suited to the way I play(I like to be doing damage to the mob as well as be able to cure myself if I have to). Basically I unlocked all of the jobs and started to level them to see what each had to offer. I would also read up on all of them as some(nin) require large amounts of gill. I would also try to level a few of the jobs as some jobs will require different subs depending on the situation.
              u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                I'm debating whether or not to sig this.
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                  I play with others too.... Bst is actually really good in parties. I can out damage most of the dds I've pted with.

If you want a very versitile job play as Bst. Bst is the only reason I started playing FFXI, but then I found so many other things I liked too.

Created by Eohmer
                  IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE BST IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE BST!

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                    I'm debating whether or not to sig this.
                    If you don't, I will.
                    FFXIV Balmung Server
                    Tenro Matashi
                    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Beat you to the punch Mog.
                      Last edited by Tatsuhara; 03-24-2007, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritbear View Post
                        I play with others too.... Bst is actually really good in parties. I can out damage most of the dds I've pted with.

If you want a very versitile job play as Bst. Bst is the only reason I started playing FFXI, but then I found so many other things I liked too.
                        The only problem with BST in a party is the exp. penelty for using charmed beasts. I personally enjoyed letting the mob do all my work but I stopped at lvl 13.
                        u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

@ the bst question

And there's only an exp penalty for using a charmed pet in a party if you charm something higher level than the highest level person in your party.

Personally, I like to be mostly self-sufficient and be able to support others well, so I picked rdm and stuck with it. Eticket is pretty spot on. Figure out what part of the gameplay you like best and pick a job that suits that best. Based on this:
                          Originally posted by Tatsuhara View Post
                          I posted it because I love when people suffer. Pretty nice of me, huh?
                          Please don't pick whm D:
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Naw. In games, I release my anger on mobs. Unless the game has open PK. Then...
                            Stay the f**k away. I will kill your granma if I want to. So yea. HMmmMMMMmmm... I might be a BLM. NUKE THEM BISHES!!

Edit: If I was a WHM... NO ONE THAT JOINED MY PARTY WOULD EVER LIVE PAST LEVEL 10. Mhm. I don't help people, I hurt them. >:D

Comment

If you'd rather not be WHM at ALL, maybe any mage (save possibly BLU) isn't a good choice ... you need a sub, and guess what's likely to work best?

Comment

Working...
                              X