Estatic about this job system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Estatic about this job system

I think you should honestly wait and see if you even like WHM. I thought I would like it but I like the versatility of RDM and BLU much more, and I've actually gotten SMN and am very eager to try it out and get to it 20, as well as BST. Each job plays so different that its best to just unlock them and try it out before you decide to stick with a single job.
    Cleverness - Hades
    75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
    DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Re: Estatic about this job system

Perhaps reading up on the game mechanics more would help you to better understand main/sub relations.

Here is some advice on WHM and the game to start out.

WHM is 'the' main healer of this game, its spells, equipment, and abilities are geared towards this. With the use of a subjob you are looking to further enhance your role, because of the push towards leveling in a party instead of solo play.

Let's look at WHM's mage subs

BLM: Most used sub for WHM especially at early levels, the two jobs share some skills (enfeebling) and gear. The bonus MP will make healing last longer in drawn out fights.

RDM: Fast cast trait speeds up the spells you use, good for emergencies, but it has less mp to offer then other subs. Enfeeblling skill is higher then BLM but the draw back is that INT isn't boosted as much. (Mp is really that imporant to push BLM above RDM)

SMN: Avatars wont do much for you as they are way way to weak to help in most situations, and the buff and attacks they can use are almost usless when you apply them with half the level of your main. The real power of SMN comes from the MP boost and auto refresh which regains your MP without resting, these two things give SMN pointers in the situations where WHM strictly relies on healing and its own abilities.

Comment

Working...
      X