Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estatic about this job system

This game is sort of an Oblivion online =D

I had a lot help yesteday from very nice individuals and they helped put my gears in motion.

So please tell me how many bullseyes I hit after I tell you what i've concluded.

Thoughts:

1. I think that I should make an extra content ID ( since its still free during my trial ) and get every onion weapon off every class so when I feel like trying it(class) out I have that weapon. Maybe I could do the same for an adventurer(sp?) coupon as well and get a lot of 50gils.

2. I think I should put my sub as BLM ( Making it WHM/BLM ) when my friend needs healing and make it a THF when we can duo pretty well so I can get more shinies.

Question:

1. Whats the best way to smooth talk someone into your server?

Re: Estatic about this job system

Subbing THF as a mage isn't really the best idea. It adds very little (besides Treasure Hunter, which is nice, but not worth giving up the functionality of a mage sub) to your main job as a mage. For melee during certain level ranges it can be very nice, but if you want to sub it just for drops, you're really better off doing that when you're not trying to get exp.

I have no idea what you mean by smooth talk someone into your server. Someone who plays on another server? Someone who doesn't play the game at all? More info would be helpful.

Comment

1. Can do, but its too much effort involved for me to contemplate - though you'll soon realise 50g (even many of them) isnt going to get you anywhere. Much better off going to the town gate, get Signet, and go fight some rabbits, then sell crystals they drop for 1000g a stack generally. It'll take you maybe 30 mins to get a stack, and in that time you've created maybe 1 char.

2. /BLM is a wise move, /THF is situational. Dont expect to get any ivites to group is all I'm saying as /THF. TBH if you are duoing I would still go /BLM for the spells it gives you access to, some enfeebling, as well as some nukes which do some good damage from a WHM at lower levels.

3. Not sure...never tried it XD

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
        I have no idea what you mean by smooth talk someone into your server. Someone who plays on another server? Someone who doesn't play the game at all? More info would be helpful.
        Someone who plays on another server.

Comment

Offer them copious amounts of irresistable rewards

Comment

Just want to point out one thing: Jobs and subs aren't created equally. Not every Main Job/Sub Job combination works. Some subs on some main jobs are utterly pointless, and some subs are pointless for almost all jobs in almost all situations.

For the most part, you'll want to go WHM/BLM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
              Someone who plays on another server.
              Since you're new to the game, wouldn't it make more sense for you to go to their server?

Comment

Subbing THF as a mage isn't really the best idea. It adds very little (besides Treasure Hunter, which is nice, but not worth giving up the functionality of a mage sub)
                They did say they wanted shinies.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Since you're new to the game, wouldn't it make more sense for you to go to their server?
                  Well I got friends on two servers but it looks i'm going to stay on Hades. So I want to try to get my other friends to at least make alts on Hades. If they don't want to then oh well .

Comment

My apologies.

Comment

My apologies to Mhurron
                      Fixed >.<
                      Last edited by Jrgsubzero; 03-06-2007, 06:59 AM.

Comment

That was in response to Mhurron's post.

Comment

That was funny ^^

Thats true though, if you have only just started, why not just join Hades? Especially now you can choose which server to go onto.

Comment

That was in response to Mhurron's post.
                            Quotes FTW! =P

Well, i've done more thinking and I might just go for a WHM/Bard for a full support class.

And I AM on Hades =D

Comment

WHM/BRD isn't really going to be that handy for much of your leveling experience. Not that it's not handy in certain situations, but it's not really a great every day sub.

Comment

Working...
                              X