Which is best Drg or Drk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which is best Drg or Drk?

To answer your question, Skoal, I'd have to be honest and say that I wouldn't know. I slap up all my filters and keep to the bare minimum in Besieged, so that I can actually see some of what's going on (and this is with a high end comp, no less ). All I really care about in there is that I target *something* and swing away, and hope I'm alive when the beastmen go away so I can claim my exp/IS reward at the end of it (the Giant's Drink temp item is a godsend, as is the High Elixir [I think that's what it is, didn't pay much attention. All I know is it cured me up nice while I was under the GD]).

As far as the OP is concerned: As much as this sounds too much like the old, pointless "Dragoon vs. Dark Knight" arguments that went on endlessly into many a night a few years back, I'd have to say they're both better than each other. Need a Stun? I'll put my gil on relying on a Stun from a DRK over a Leg Sweep from a DRG most of the time, if only because Stun is more accessible most of the time. Need a DD that's not as much of an MP sink in a fight because they don't pull hate and get hit? DRG > DRK every time. See where I'm going with this?

The only best job in this game is the one that *you* decide you want to spend your time and money to play, not what everyone else (myself included) says you should play (and myself says "Play Dragoon") because of some random reason, like how much damage it can do or how cool the AF is or some such (and Dragoon AF *is* the Paragon of Sexy Excellence!).

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
      As far as the OP is concerned: As much as this sounds too much like the old, pointless "Dragoon vs. Dark Knight" arguments that went on endlessly into many a night a few years back, I'd have to say they're both better than each other. Need a Stun? I'll put my gil on relying on a Stun from a DRK over a Leg Sweep from a DRG most of the time, if only because Stun is more accessible most of the time. Need a DD that's not as much of an MP sink in a fight because they don't pull hate and get hit? DRG > DRK every time. See where I'm going with this?
      The only best job in this game is the one that *you* decide you want to spend your time and money to play, not what everyone else (myself included) says you should play (and myself says "Play Dragoon") because of some random reason, like how much damage it can do or how cool the AF is or some such (and Dragoon AF *is* the Paragon of Sexy Excellence!).
      QFT

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

1kish is not my once in a while weapon skill damage, I do 1kish quite often thanks to angon. I'd day 1400/1500ish is my once in a while zomg ws, which I didn't mention earlier and had no original intention of doing so until you wan'ted to play Devils Advocate (good movie btw lol). Well, I am done talking about this because no matter what people will just be ignorant of what a dragoon can do and only accept what people who don't like dragoon say.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
          I have a question for pretty much every DD. What is your normal damage with weapon skills on the besieged mobs? I was doing SA Wheeling Thrusts the other day and was curious to what kind of damage other jobs subbing thf do with WS to the mobs. This includes the lesser mobs and lesser nms, I couldn't get close to Medusa w/o getting charmed.
          well i am a 75 monk and since the last besieged update with the items ( the hp boost) i usually sub drk now instead of war or thf. My average ws with souleater asuran fists is about 1.5k on lvl 5 and 1k on lvl 6 of course i dont last to long doing this kind of damage to a mob at once but its always fun

Comment

Thank you Marth. There was a reason I asked that question. I went to level 6 undead the other day when I posted that question. As a 69drg/15thf. I used to go /rdm but I couldn't really hit that much. I was hitting for a little bit and getting a lot of SA's off so I could get tp. What suprised me is that I hit a troll for 1100 with SA+ Wheeling Thrust. I did it again to make sure and again I broke 1k dmg. I decided to try this on Merrow 12(?), same thing.

I wasn't eating food or had any buffs. I usually died before I could get Super Jump off.

I thought it was funny doing that much damage with a gimp sub. Anyway go back to the "big weapon skill numbers > doing more DOT" argument.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Working...
            X