This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Solo?

What would you say is the best solo? Besides BST/WHM or /RDM. Like RDM/NIN BRD/NIN etc. I hear alot about these but I never really seen or hear about them with details. Either end-game or starting off which would you say is best?

Re: Best Solo?

Apart from BST, the only one I have experience with is DRG. Specifically DRG/BRD (see journal). It's a little hectic, and takes really good gear and food to pull off, but I never have to rest. DRG/WHM or DRG/RDM have a little bit of an easier time soloing, but they have to rest for MP at some point. It's very different from other soloing in that you rely on Healing Breath, which needs your HP to be below a certain threshold to fire off. So you basically bounce up and down on the HP scale, hardly ever anywhere near full HP.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

THF can also do ok solo, with /NIN and status bolts, generally. Probably not as good as DRG/Mage, but still not bad.

Mind you, this is a bit later on in the game, unlike BST or DRG/Mage, which can start solo play pretty much right away.

Comment

Wiseman40's FFXI Soloing Guide

Nutshell:

Beastmaster is obviously the solo king.

Drg/mage and nin have a good balance of offensive and defensive capability that make them able to take on reasonably strong targets with less downtime than other jobs.

Black mages can take on very strong targets using sleep-nuke tactics but suffer from a lot of downtime.

Starting in the 30s and 40s, red mages become extremely difficult to kill and have virtually no downtime when played correctly, but their killing speed leaves much to be desired.

Thief doesn't have the same power offensively or defensively as a ninja early in the game, but utsusemi combined with bloody bolts makes it possible for them to take some tough targets.

Monk's high attack power makes them strong soloers early in the game, but after the first 20ish levels, the only reportedly effective soloing tactic is a fully charged Chi Blast to start the fight.

Ranger subbing whm or nin is very effective at soloing worms, the trouble is finding targets in the mob family to exp off of at any given level.

A summoner after level 20 with Carby mitts can kill practically anything eventually given enough room to kite. Many summoners can solo self destructing mobs like bombs and dolls for exp comparable to a party.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Rdm/Nin pwns most soloing. ^^ just my op

Comment

Working...
          X