This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Soloing FAQ and guide

The host that used to carry this guide is down. A moderator may wish to delete, or at least un-sticky the thread.
    Last edited by Wiseman40; 09-21-2007, 03:17 AM.
    ~Zozor!

Re: FFXI Soloing FAQ and guide

Very nice, it is surprising how many people don't know that soloing isn't much of an option in this game. This is my first MMO, so I just got used to that fact early on.
    I think several jobs can solo alright post 74 when you can use utsu ni with /nin. Before that it can be pretty difficult especially for the jobs that don't have much of an evasion rating.
    Only think I can think to add would be that rangers can solo so-so once they can use sleep bolts. Not much to it, except spamming sleep bolts repeatedly with the occasional bloody bolt for hp, and dmg bolts for ws's.
    Very nice guide though, well done.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I've never heard of them doing it for EXP, but I know WHMs with hammers and /NIN can kill things fairly well with DD equipment.

Comment

DRG can really only start to solo once they get AF3, other then that you need to be in red HP for your wyvern to heal you, the HP amount you can be one shotted easy...

SMN can solo better then DRG 1-75

And belive it or not Clubs damage can come close to one hand Axes hit for hit damage most of the game...Now since WHM dont have berserk they wont be hitting that hard, but a naked WHM and a naked WAR with just a club and an Axe will do pretty close damage for most the game...74+ WHM can Solo some what like RDM and they also get a few defensive gears to help with the lower VIT and such. But yeah Utsusemi+StoneSking+debuffs+regen(and AFv2+ regen) cures and buffs on top of melee clubs and gear, a WHM can stalemate a fight like RDM can and win just not as effective...

Comment

That's interesting. I'm having to use information from many different sources, all of whom I personally designated as qualified enough to use, but that doesn't mean that all the information is accurate. I hope that this will evolve into something comprehensive.
          ~Zozor!

Comment

Well alot of people dont look at the posibilitys of what some jobs can do. They see that a WHM with mage gear on using cookies/pies with most likly an undercapped weapon and /blm or /smn wont do damage anywhere near a melee and think that their weak and unable to do any damage. Which is true in a party set up, the WHM and such should be in mage gear being a WHM and not a lighter melee with cures...

http://eminencels.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=699 a party of WHM getting chain 5s and got 3k in 20 mins, its not the best set up but it shows that jobs can do more then you think when equiped right. This is why I always say Equip>everything because the only things that really define jobs are the equipment.

Making a guide on how/where every job can solo will be dificult due to all the posibiltys of equipment/monsters and streangths and weaknesses. Most of the jobs though will end up doing the same thing though, /NIN and just killing some easyer stuff. Though with some screwing around as DRK/WHM I saw that Stoneskin and Blink with the added cures and debuffs made EPs pretty easy. To really make the ultimate guide its gonna require rethinking alot of stratigys for the perfect setups...And alot of money and space for a few sets of gear...

Comment

Originally posted by Yashin
              Making a guide on how/where every job can solo will be dificult due to all the posibiltys of equipment/monsters and streangths and weaknesses. Most of the jobs though will end up doing the same thing though, /NIN and just killing some easyer stuff. Though with some screwing around as DRK/WHM I saw that Stoneskin and Blink with the added cures and debuffs made EPs pretty easy. To really make the ultimate guide its gonna require rethinking alot of stratigys for the perfect setups...And alot of money and space for a few sets of gear...
              Yep, that's the idea...
              ~Zozor!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiseman40
                Some exceptions may be undead, but honestly I've never seen a white mage over level 10 kill anything.
                Not true at all. In fact, even though I don't solo that much, my personal experience has been that it's easier to solo with WHM than BLM, although other's mileage may vary on this.

I soloed WHM to 16 or 17 before going to Valkrum. It took a while, and I was sticking to EP/DC, but got lots of crystals, silk, etc. and I didn't feel it was too hard at all.

Comment

At low LVLs BLM can solo harder things with more ease when lucky, just bind nuke...They folow this stratigy till 75 when they can solo buffalo in u-range and kill things for more exp and faster then a party...WHM cant really solo EXP as fast as a BLM can, just the abilty to stalemate a fight makes them decent in some situations. They can be kinda like a RDM with out nukes, refresh, and gravity pretty much...

Comment

I think when WHM get Banish III, they're able to hit undead harder (Banish III debuffs Ghosties and Skellies so that melee weapons are more effective -- not sure about the lower tier Banish spells though, since I've never tested them out yet) With Stoneskin, their P spells and other things (If they have plenty MP, you have to also remember that MP can convert to HP in roughly a 7:1 ratio? Depends on cure costs and how much HP you receive)

However, WHM just takes forever to kill, which is a different statement than if they can kill or no.

Comment

I would have to say that you should move NIN from the solo part of the time to the "Can solo to 75" category.

Due to my work schedule I am forced to solo quite a bit on NIN and have found that I can usually get 2k per hour or more in the late 60s- early 70s. As a 72 NIN I can chain 35-45exp EP crabs in Kuftal Tunnel with WAR sub til I am blue in the face with zero downtime. (With WHM sub I can throw spiders in to make more gil ^^). From what I hear this isn't much worse off than a BST in the early 70s it is just far more expensive.

So far on NIN I soloed 25-30 and probably at least 80-100k of my exp since 30. From 25-30 I soloed DC-T crabs in qufim island. In the mid 60s I soloed goblin's pets in bibiki bay for obscene EXP (3.5k-5k per hour depending on how bad my luck was with the gob turning on me). My best chain in bibiki solo on these bunnies was Chain #3 for 468 exp with empress band. Oh and btw that was with Warrior sub ^^. One fun thing about soloing these is that if you happen to get an unlucky link at night you can easily kite all the linked mobs to zone with your ninja kayhan.

One thing about soloing ninja is that it requires very good gear. Later on you can get some nice EVA/AGI gear relatively cheap (rasetsu set and such) but early on it can be extremely expensive.

One more thing about soloing in kuftal tunnel that I learned last night the hard way. DO NOT GO AFK IN KUFTAL TUNNEL! I did this last night for a whopping 3 minutes and came back to my corpse. Guivre popped during that 3 minutes and hit me 3 times and pwned me (I got a 0.1 EVA skill up though rofl).
                      Last edited by capitalistnihilist; 03-09-2006, 11:46 AM.
                      Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
                      http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

id like to state that for drg blm sub also works. also pld drk (and i think nin) not sure make your wyvern both offesnive and healing. using an attack breath on a ws but wont use the remove para/poison/something breath also the % for those subs change from 1/3 hp to 1/4.

also with AF helm the % of hp changes again for main mage subs it goes from 1/3 to 1/2 and for the melee/mage ones it goes from 1/4 to 1/3 (not 100% sure on the 1/4 to 1/3 only read that part)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                          I think when WHM get Banish III, they're able to hit undead harder (Banish III debuffs Ghosties and Skellies so that melee weapons are more effective -- not sure about the lower tier Banish spells though, since I've never tested them out yet) With Stoneskin, their P spells and other things (If they have plenty MP, you have to also remember that MP can convert to HP in roughly a 7:1 ratio? Depends on cure costs and how much HP you receive)

However, WHM just takes forever to kill, which is a different statement than if they can kill or no.
                          Depends how much HP the thing your fighting has, Hexa can do a pretty decent number on lower LVL things...

Comment

DRG can really only start to solo once they get AF3, other then that you need to be in red HP for your wyvern to heal you, the HP amount you can be one shotted easy...

SMN can solo better then DRG 1-75

And belive it or not Clubs damage can come close to one hand Axes hit for hit damage most of the game...Now since WHM dont have berserk they wont be hitting that hard, but a naked WHM and a naked WAR with just a club and an Axe will do pretty close damage for most the game...74+ WHM can Solo some what like RDM and they also get a few defensive gears to help with the lower VIT and such. But yeah Utsusemi+StoneSking+debuffs+regen(and AFv2+ regen) cures and buffs on top of melee clubs and gear, a WHM can stalemate a fight like RDM can and win just not as effective...
                            I've solo'd DRG to 45 with extreme ease... I've also solo'd DRG post 60 with extreme ease... only reason I didn't solo 46-60 was because I kept getting invites so I just decided to go ahead and pt.

Comment

Depends how much HP the thing your fighting has, Hexa can do a pretty decent number on lower LVL things...
                              Only if you have lots of +acc on. It's horribly inaccurate otherwise. I know that this JP WHM who was fully merited was only hitting HS with 70% accuracy on Behemoth even when he had tons of +acc stuff and other melee stuff, including that WHM Haubu...

Comment

Working...
                              X