This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unique"

For everyone out there who's a little too creative with job/subjob/race combos (and everyone who's met them), click here for a free wallpaper. ^^
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: "Unique"

So what, one out of five people is screwed up?

Seriously, I can see a party looking like that (if you use your imagination of course).
    You kill one man, your a murderer
    Kill many and your a conquerer
    Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

if i could have a pocket sized version of this and whip it out to all those 'im so anti-trendy' trendy people i would be a happy man.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

the twisting fork means Neoooooo
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

lol, it isn't the fork that bends but you who are bending

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

just remember:

...there is no fork...

trends are usually (that's usually) in place for a reason. personally, i wouldn't mind a little creativity in pt's once in awhile, but some ideas just don't work^^

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
            Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
            I live to entertain!

Comment

Originally posted by aegina
              just remember:

...there is no fork...

trends are usually (that's usually) in place for a reason. personally, i wouldn't mind a little creativity in pt's once in awhile, but some ideas just don't work^^
              Yeah, funny though too how you can see two different players use the same job combination and one could make it look extreemly functional yet the other makes it look like a train wreck. That is even including the "cookie cutter" setups.

I actually kind of encourage some creativity as long as the idea holds some logical backing. If the idea doesn't hold enough logical backing to using that combination then it's likely the user is going to make it stink up something extreemly foul.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

the problem with trends: sometimes they go overboard.

today i saw a thf/nin wielding daggers in dunes. i guess he heard /nin was the best sub for thf, and took their word for it, lmao, but sometimes cookie cutter just doesn't work^^

(fyi, for those that don't know, /nin is a horrible sub before lvl 24/12, for utsusemi. and a thf should NOT wield daggers before viper bite, level 33, except to skillup)

Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                I live to entertain!

Comment

I was a Rdm/war up until around 25/12 myself on my very first char 3 years ago ^^ a PT even got me in to tank worms in shakrami and qufim. I got 2 shot in shakrami before. Was pretty fun to look back xD
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

today i saw a thf/nin wielding daggers in dunes. i guess he heard /nin was the best sub for thf, and took their word for it, lmao, but sometimes cookie cutter just doesn't work^^

(fyi, for those that don't know, /nin is a horrible sub before lvl 24/12, for utsusemi. and a thf should NOT wield daggers before viper bite, level 33, except to skillup)
                    Moral of the story: whether you're going with the recommended sub or using something unusual, know why.

Comment

amen^^ preach it!^^

in reality, almost any job combo could work, if you know how, when, and where to use it. Unfortunately, 99% the "odd" job combos were created with little thought and planning, tossed into a pt designed around a different set of expectations...

some people try to be different just to be different, and end up screwing up life for the whole pt
                      Last edited by aegina; 11-14-2005, 04:06 PM.

I live to entertain!

Comment

yea /nin before 20 or 24 even, isnt really too useful. however, there is nothing wrong with using daggers before viperbite. sneak atk wasp sting or fuidama wasp sting does nice dmg too.
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

he was using sneak attack gust slash.

did 40 damage. i think i coulda out-parsed him as a whm lol.
                          Last edited by aegina; 11-14-2005, 04:10 PM.

I live to entertain!

Comment

some people try to be different just to be different, and end up screwing up life for the whole pt
                            hahaha

Do not ask the party to bend to you. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth . . . You have no party. . . Then you will see that it is not the party that bends, it is only yourself who is bent."

Comment

If you're gonna /nin as thf before viper bite, I would use sword main hand and dagger in off hand just for skilling up.

Comment

Working...
                              X