Promyvions after June Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promyvions after June Update?

Has anyone tried these? Are they pretty solo-able by anyone 50ish? After a long hiatus, came back to find character deleted, and hoping to solo through this as I know literally nobody on my new world after contraction.

Re: Promyvions after June Update?

I'm not sure about 50, but my friend did all 3 of them last night as a level 75something, solo. There are random IT mobs to Lv. 75s there though, but the BC itself hasn't changed.
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

I might take a swing at doing one later tonight. I've got RDM at 54 so if that happens I'll let you know.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Just tested it myself, solo'd Promy - Dem as a 50 BLU/WHM, headed to Holla.

Comment

Has anyone see how difficult it is to get the maps now? I have a feeling that the ??? is surrounded by level 75+ mobs.

Has anyone tried to solo the NMs? I wonder how solo-able they are to a level 75.
          PSN ID: Kelshan
          Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
          Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
          sigpic

Comment

Haven't come across the NM's but the ??? don't seem guarded any more then they were before.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I am kind of curious what level your NPC Fellow spawns at. If he spawns in at max level (70 for me), then there is a lot of fun to be had.
              Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
              sigpic

Comment

NPC was never capped in Promy, was it? Why would that change?

This would be so awesome if I were still playing. And if I still had both of my accounts. Because getting through CoP a second time was something that I did not look forward to.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                  NPC was never capped in Promy, was it? Why would that change?

This would be so awesome if I were still playing. And if I still had both of my accounts. Because getting through CoP a second time was something that I did not look forward to.
                  As far as I know it was capped or my level 70 NPC would have walked through the zone...which it couldnt. No high level WS or when it was as healer no cure 3.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm amazed that having 75 mobs in Promy doesn't bug people as much as the BC change. A 30 group used to be able to take down anything in Promy; might be rough, but a single bit of aggro doesn't mean everybody zones or somebody dies. No way to keep that with 75 mobs in the zone, unless they're way, way out of the way between MRs, which I don't think would be possible from what I remember.

And yeah, I'm not sure if level caps apply to NPCs, but if you're under one, the NPC would summon at your level iirc. Hence being able to take out my 60~ NPC in Qufim and get great EXP. Not like you can summon an NPC and then have a level cap applied to you without despawning; excepting maybe the ??? fights in dunes or Eco-Warrior or something.

Comment

Maybe it was just the tactics pearl quest, but I remember my NPC (which never got past like 36 in my case) being a bit more powerful than I was in Promy. I don't think I ever took my NPC in there with me any other time, but for some reason I don't remember anything about NPCs being capped in there.

Then again, it has been nearly a year since I played FFXI, and longer still since I brought out my NPC.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I just solo promy- dem and mea with bst/dnc 58 mea boss hit my pet for 2k dmg beside that it too weak im gona do holla tonight if anyone from unicorn need it?

Comment

Solo'd Promyvion - Zvhal as a 69 NIN, took nearly 2-hours. Each Memory Receptacle took around 15 minutes due to having no AoE skills. NMs on Levels 3/4/5 took around 4-5 minutes each. BCNM itself was easy, stored TP until last 20% to kill quickly, though Impale being spammed with Carousel to follow up was interesting, had to keep 2+ shadows up and spam Curing Waltz (Low DNC sub). Really fun mission.

So yes, all promies are soloable now.
                          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                          Yeah, It’s true.
                          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

soooo basically if I took my lvl 50 Galka paladin with rdm support job to promies now as long as I avoid agro I can solo the dem / holla / mea bosses and get my promies?

If this is the case. I might consider returning for a while......

Comment

The level 75+ mobs are out of the way, from what I've read. You could probably solo the whole thing with the right sub.

Comment

Working...
                              X