ASA final fight discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASA final fight discussion

OK... F D Shantotto. The bitch just won't die. I need help brainstorming the strat because this is like the 6th fight...

Here's our setup.

SAM/WAR X 2
    SAM/NIN (me to tank shantotto until she gets called in to assist D Shantotto)
    MNK/WAR
    WHM/BLM X 2

So i tank Shantotto no problem and the mnk pulls D shantotto away from me back to the entrance. Once D shantotto gets down to 50% she rages and calls in shantotto. I return back to the group and engage D shantotto. We get her down to 1% and she hangs there for a bit, since you can't kill her until she's raged twice. She rages again and we all wipe. We pop up from wipe with the free reraise. And as we get up she immediately hits us with a spell or her scythe and we go down. And thats how it ends, with all of us wiped and her still at 1%. No one dies until her 2nd rage, and it takes all of us out. It' so frustrating.

Anyone have any other ideas or strats? We have tons of jobs open for use. Only ones we aren't loaded up on that would matter is SMN. we only have one.
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: ASA final fight discussion

The general rule with this fight, if you kill D.Shantotto before wiping, you can easily kill Shantotto when you recover from your wipe. This is what I would reccommend personally, so bear with me:

keep your 3 SAMs, but all go /WAR
    keep your 1 MNK/WAR
    keep ONE of your WHM/BLM for main healer

Now, if you have it, use a RDM/NIN, RDM in general, or DNC to tank Shantotto

That said, have your Tank run in and kite Shantotto back and forth, way out of range. (You should be fighting D.Shantotto at the door where you came in) Have your SAMS and MNK all 2hr and kill D.Shantotto. This honestly won't take long, and you have a ton of HP for this fight. As long as your WHM drops Curagas with their bunch of MP, you will kill D.Shantotto in 2 min or less. If that happens, you'll probably be on the low-side of HP. If so, I'd pull Shantotto back to door, let her wipe the entire party. (You will not come back weakened, I'm pretty sure about that) All raise, rest to full, go kick her shit in.
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Comment

Working...
    X