Augmented Weapon choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augmented Weapon choices

So... The last Augmented weapon fight my static did i accepted the dagger for my thf, DAM +6 (max damage) ACC +4 and ATT +3. We are still doing the augmented weapon fight since some other people in my static still need it, so I'm wondering if any other weapons are worth getting. The THF dagger was worth getting since with max damage, it matches the blau dolch and only has 8 more delay, 186 vs 178. The BD has 12 more att and 1 more acc, but where the BD goes for 2 million, I'm happy with what i got for 70k. Also, when i do get the gil, i could always buy the BD and offhand it, that would be sick...

Anyways, so, any other weaps worth augmenting? The jobs I'm looking at possibly getting them for are: DRG, SAM, BLM, COR, NIN, RDM, PLD

I'm guessing nothing you augment can be better than joy for rdm or pld, but...
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: Augmented Weapon choices

Fay Lance can get some really solid augments, you'll want to get at least DMG+3 STR+2-3 for it to be worth it over a Thalassocrat when the other augments are considered. If you can get the same(ish) base D and then luck out with a couple of DEX and/or a nice elemental damage additional effect(preferrably anything but Wind, I wouldn't keep Wind damage unless the rest of the augments were perfect) it'd be worth keeping.

With Rindomaru(SAM) you can technically get enough Store TP for a 5-hit, but you'd need some pretty specific gear in other slots, and most of the time you'd still do more damage with a standard 6-hit Hagun Haste build.

NIN can get some reasonable offhand stats, I've seen DMG+ a few and Acc+5 and a decent additional elemental damage effect, this would put it on par with Perdu Blade as an offhand.

BLM, COR, RDM, and PLD are all junk. Other jobs that can actually get good ones include BRD, SCH, SMN, RNG, BLU, and WAR. I'd also try more THF daggers until you get something similar to what you have but with a few Trick Attack points.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
      I'd also try more THF daggers until you get something similar to what you have but with a few Trick Attack points.
      Yeah, I was going for +2 TA +6 DMG and then whatever else, but, we've done this fight like 10+ times now and the thf dagger is 70k... I got max damage and some acc and att so i was happy. I could always go and try again on thf dagger like you said, it just sucks failing so many times... It feels good to win once in a while and I was able to talk myself into the last dagger as being a win since it has same dmg as a BD and only a 8 more delay.

I'm currently leveling drg, 55 atm, so maybe I'll go with the fey lance.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
      Other jobs that can actually get good ones include BRD, SCH, SMN, RNG, BLU, and WAR.

War get's something better than the Perdu GA? Really? What are the stats?
      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
      RANK 10 Bastok
      CoP: Done
      ZM: Done
      ToA: Done
      Assault rank: Captain
      Campaign Medal: Medals
      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

It kinda depends on your gear, if you can get max DMG+4-6, STR+4-5 and 2 DA it can outdo Perdu if you're able to cap acc without the 5 from Perdu.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

The SMN staff is potentially the best non-mythic weapon you can get bar none. Bahamut's is very good, but for the effort compared and the fact that you can potentially get -3 perp plus -5 BP Timer and some pact or static pet buffs...

Yeah, if you luck out it blows everything but Nirvana out of the water and it's much cheaper
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

i have no luck with augments why did I get -1 hp +1 mp 3 times in a row
            S/N: Xhaolyne
            Server: Fairy
            Years Exp: 7
            Number of 75 jobs: 1 (3 yr acct on and off)
            Jobs I have: Sam 75 : SMN 21 : NIN 37 WAR: 37 BRD: 33 DNC: 28 WHM: 20 BLM: 18 RDM: 34: PLD 20 :
            MNK 13 : THF 15 : BST: 17 SCH: 22 RNG: 23

Comment

Xhaolyne i think your talking about FoV augments, if im not mistaken, they are talking about something different.

But you are probably doing lower lvl fov nms...you should try higher lvl ones
              i solod one in Yhotor jungle (spelling is off) and got VIT+1 on dark staff -.- ya sucky i know but point is you get better aug when you kill harder mobs

Comment

Just as an FYI, before the necro, the thread primarily concerned itself with the quest Succor to the Sidhe, which begot the Augmented so-called "Fae" weapons. While the augments themselves were still fairly random (as is the nature of the Fae), their quality is in a whole different league from those pathetic FoV augments that nobody in their right mind should ever do any more ever. I mean, we're talking job-specific stats, here!

Alas, though, most, if not all of the Fae weapons were greatly overshadowed by the sheer amount of (selectable!) options available on the custom-made weapons from the Trials of the Magians. The newer and shinier system won out, pretty much.
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Yeah because SE finally got over their learning disability and dropped the random part.

Some of the trials are a major pain in the ass but as we saw in today's update, they're scaling some back (likely the mob + day/weather conditions) and you can get some obscenely strong weapons.

The OAT Scythe is actually on-par with Apocalypse, and the Polearm even beats Gugnir. So yeah, looks like my wager on the OAT weapons morphing into the new "Ultimate" weapons was right. Only the GKT is somewhat underwhelming due to Hagun's continued (and obscene) domination but I suspect that's about to come crashing down.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    and the Polearm even beats Gugnir.
                    Not factoring in the whole "occasionally does triple damage" thing, of course.

The fact that these things are even comparable to Relics to begin with, though, so much that the Relic and Mythic weapons were even given their own Trials to stay ahead of the pack, still nonetheless speaks volumes about the power of these weapons. I've heard them called the "poor man's Relic weapons" before, just to give you an idea, and that is not an entirely unfair description at all.
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                      Not factoring in the whole "occasionally does triple damage" thing, of course.
                      Parsed over @ BG, it actually beats it because of the increased WS frequency. Only just barely mind you but given that it's the base form of an ultimate not that surprising. They're not "poor man's relics" they're the beginning forms of the new Ultimates. Though I'm curious how Relic/Mythic will balance out with the future augments they receive as the 1st batch were a complete joke.

Nothing but +DMG on all of them, seriously wtf SE. Put some At least do something intelligent like cure potency on Yagrush.

However, that said, I'm still positively scared of what they'll do to Aegis, Gjallarhorn and Carnwenhan. Hell I'm sure even Death Penalty might end up with some kind of Phantom Roll boost in the end.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X