Beans Ahoy! quest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beans Ahoy! quest question

In Sandy in the past there's the quest called Beans Ahoy! It says on wiki that after i complete it, i get a food item. It also says that if i talk to the npc again, i get the same item again for free. So... does that only happen twice? Or can i forever get a free one? I know i have to use the item first, but still, has anyone tried getting the food item 3 times, maybe 4?

Re: Beans Ahoy! quest question

Repeatable quests are just that. It can be repeated as many times as you want.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Wiki doesn't actually say that. It says you trade him one salt for a cutscene, then trade him another salt for another cutscene, then talk to him again after zoning to get your reward. It doesn't mention getting the item twice anywhere, and it's not marked as repeatable.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

After you have used the item, and the food effect has worn off, you can wait until next day JP midnight and talk to Thierride again. He will then say he's "just finished making up another batch" of it and give you another one.
        Angler's Cassoulet - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Oh, hell. I only looked at the quest page, which doesn't mention that at all.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Perhaps, someone with the power to maek wiki edits could put that on the quest page.

But who?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I'm gonna test this out for myself I guess then. I hope i don't have to bring him more salt after the initial 2

Comment

this is strange... somehow i can't get the quest to start. Is there even fame in the past yet? I have the lufet salt and tried trading it to him, but nothing happened. Anyone have any luck?

Er.. nevermind.. there's a previous quest >.>
                Last edited by Kerio; 04-18-2008, 10:52 PM. Reason: oops..

Comment

Funniest cutscene ever ... I suppose that's worth trying.

Comment

I did this simple quest the day after update. I traded him the 3 lufet salts and got the very funny cs. I have since then recieved a new Anglers Cassoulet every week after conquest tally. I must say it was a good suprise to discover that I would get a food item for free on a continuing basis. I have spoken to the quest NPC during the week too but he just says something to the effect that it isnt ready yetThank you SE a good Sunday dinner and the regen a sweet dessert, lol:

Comment

woah wait.. i have to wait every week? not every day?? i thought it said every 24 hours on wiki?

Comment

I have only been able to recieve it once a week. perhaps he thinks i need to be on a diet lol. But seriously both my characters who have done this quest only get the item once a week.

Comment

Working...
                        X