BST in Promy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST in Promy?

Ok so I know that this is not a traditional job to have in a promy run pty but was intrested to know if anyone knows if BST lvl 30 would work in a promy Run. I definately have seen some weird setups in promy and so far non were sucessful. Anyways this would not be ashow stopper due to fact that I got RDMand WHM for it, just wanted to use it casue we already got RDM and WHM in promy run pty that I am going with next week.
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: BST in Promy?

Yes, it does work, and has in the past when people were certain only specific jobs could do them. Remember your limiting factors, though. You'll get maybe 1-2 jug pets out on the boss fight, and on the way up you have to pack in whatever you intend to use. So, try to maximize your damage as much as possible on the boss, because he's going to take out your pet fairly fast. Also, maybe manipulate the downtime before the fight so you have a shorter timer when you actually engage the boss for resummoning.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Cool, any Idea what jug pets are worth brining in to this fight. I got a few jugs of Humus, Meat Broth and Fish oil Broth atm
      Dahc Ramuh server
      San D'Oria Rank 6
      RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

If you go BST on a CoP mission, I highly reccomend going with the HQ jug pets. For the initial promys, that means Courrier Carrie is likely going to be your best pet, as well as in 40 caps. 50 caps Keeneared Steffi would probably be your best and cheapest Jug Pet, though I'd go with Carrie again for moblin BC given you'll be expected to tank mobs for yourself and CC is the best for that. Otherwise, get the best HQ DD pets you can get.

BST can be done in CoPs, but its all about using it to its full potential. Be sure to use a melee sub for BST, preferably WAR or NIN subs to either max your damage or minimize the damage you take. And bring Pet Food Zeta biscuts - that is a must

BST can be a great kiter for most emergency situations and the recent updates to Reward timers give BST a good amount of longevity for CoP missions now. Best of all is when you get to 50 caps, you can use Snarl to put hate on pet, so BSTs should strive to good DD builds so they can put hate on thier pets when needed to.

Comment

If someone else is kiting the boss monster, take out a tiger pet to nip at its heel. Tiger is also good for just DD'ing.

Though BST doesn't have extraordinarily special going for it in a regular set up, a smartly geared one is a strong DD in Promyvion in my experience.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

both the NQ and HQ tiger jugs have styrofoam defenses, moreso than some other jug pets, they're good for fast mobs and kiting and not bad for DD, but if the strategy calls for you to have them take a hit tank-wise, I'd go with another jug, SaberSivardre will go down really fast

Comment

That may be true; I've always done Promyvion toe-to-toe style, but never asked any BST to kite. (I tend to tank on PLD and WAR.)

They've always contributed a good amount of damage, though, so I've a favorable impression of BSTs for those missions.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

(run to the boss) I have used bst in promies and its fine. I went with Tiger familiar and he worked out well. He hits hard and he hits fast. Plus he has some nice sic attacks. As for the def problem with him. Its not so much an issue anymore. S.E lowered the reward cast timer to a minute and a half. That with a higher end pet food and his Hp will never be an issue. Heck if you got the items and you got the slots add in some +mnd for when you reward you will get a few more hp.

As for the BOss battle you will be getting in 1-2 jugs max. C.c has nice def but lacks in atk power. I have tried him on a failed run adn he did not do as good as the tiger pet did.

75Bst

Comment

Working...
                X