Search and Seizure.....how?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search and Seizure.....how?!

This is regarding the Campaign Ops Search and Seizure.

OK I found the Transport mob i'm supposed to kill. Here's the problem, he runs faster than me and even after hitting him he doesn't stop running. How am I supposed to kill him if I can't keep up with him?
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Search and Seizure.....how?!

OK this time I tried again this time on BST.

First time it ran away like before as soon as my pet (slug) hit it for 248.

Second time my pet (slug) crit'd for 350 which one shotted it....(not sure why...as the 248 only brought it down to 90%ish).
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

How easy is it to attack the Transport without the Guards aggroing?
      Originally posted by Ellipses
      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
      Originally posted by MCLV
      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
      More Sig:

Comment

I was in the nest today when I saw those guys running by and decided to test how hard they were. I was able to shoot and pull the transporter away from the guards and solo him with no problem.

Guess tomorrow I'll actually try the Op itself out.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I was just wondering if it was viable to sleep/gravity/bind + nuke, or if I would have to much trouble dealing with links.

Or worse, he resists my enfeebles x.x
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

I'm not sure if sleep will land, as my Sleep bolts had zero effect on him where the others would proc every time. Though Bind/Gravi might work.

Somehow or another, I was able to attack and pull just the Transporter, and make him chase me half way through the zone. I don't know if it was because I didn't have the OP or I just got a lucky shot in. If it helps, both guards were infront of him so he was all alone when I got him. Maybe that might be something, sort of like the Transporter won't stop running if the Guards aggro something.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Supposedly, if you can land an attack before they notice you and make the aggro motion, you can keep them from running away. Otherwise only certain jobs would be able to finish this mission, and it's more of a solo deal. You might want to see if you can pull that off, attacking from behind when you have a clear shot at just the Transporter and the others aren't watching. Then they wouldn't trigger then run behavior.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Working...
              X