Apocalypse Nigh - Nerfed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apocalypse Nigh - Nerfed?

When I first did Apocalypse Nigh (when it first came out), we won off of a DOT spell w/ full wipe and 18 seconds to spare.

We won today in 4 Minutes, 47 Seconds.

WHAT HAPPENED?!
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Apocalypse Nigh - Nerfed?

I've seen this go both ways, it wasn't changed at all.

My first shot at it we lost, the second one we obliterated, and the third one was barely won.

I think this fight can always be kind of random, same for Promathia in my experiences.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Was doing assaults last night, Leajoum Cleansing to be exact.

First time through, totally obliterated it. The worms were dropping like, well, flies and we were just tearing it up. Beat it in under 20 minutes as we didn't even get the 10 minute warning.

Did it again, same exact set up and jobs. We were *pummeled* -agas and stray Quakes goin off left and right. Numerous deaths and we ended up winning by less then a minute.

Moral of the story, all missions in this game can be very random.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Yeah it probably pt setup, or who knows? I remember when my LS first tried DM, we got pwnt and sent home packing.

Then we did it last night like it was an every day thing. So help us SE that there isn't a gil drop, or we'd farm it like sky >_>
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

FFXI can be random sometimes. When I did Promy-Holla, we used animas, and the boss literally just sat there until it was dead. No attacks, no special moves, nothing. I've got plenty of friends that used animas and they didn't seem to have any effect at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
            When I first did Apocalypse Nigh (when it first came out), we won off of a DOT spell w/ full wipe and 18 seconds to spare.
            We won today in 4 Minutes, 47 Seconds.
            WHAT HAPPENED?!

The mission was never really hard overall tho, and to help you understand:

What was your pt set up both times?
            How many 2h did you have this second time?
            How many people have had exp in the bcnm?
            How many people have you worked closely with?
            If 3 ridills drop in 3 fafnirs do you think se ninjad the drop rate?
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Isn't AN doable with only a pt of 6? Or am I thinking of that other fight with the two brothers?
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                I've got plenty of friends that used animas and they didn't seem to have any effect at all.
                If your friends used them wrong, then, animas would be useless. (e.g. Using a Psychoanima while the last one is still in effect means it's wasted--spammers lose boss fights.)

Anima used correctly, a SMN or two, plus a few lucky procs of Empty Killer from Shade gears can make Mea look like cake walk.
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

They're competent players, so I'm pretty sure they would've at least noticed a screw up.

Comment

Sorry for the long time no reply, i've been...away.

My PT setup was close to identical both times. I know the tank was the exact same person (a PLD). Both times they were all very good players. I understand it wouldn't be identical experiences, but this is two opposite difficulty ends of the spectrum. We may have had one 2H person the 2nd time but I don't remember for sure....
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                    X