Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZM4 NM fight - what firepower needed?

Hi all

So Im getting frustrated (as normal) trying to get people to do ZM4 with me (i'm very impatient)

Just wondered what kind of firepower need to win this fight? Ill be going as 70RDM/BLM/WHM....what else do I need?

Wiki only states the mob types, nothing about what kinda firepower I need. I.E if I am told I need at least 2 75's then I wont go without them, etc. Or I'm thinking if I keep the other 2 slept/kited, could a 75 WAR/NIN solo each mob blink tanking?

Thanks

Re: ZM4 NM fight - what firepower needed?

It's perfectly possible to duo the fight with a pair of 70+ people,
    but seeing as you'll need 4 lanterns to get to the arena, you'll
    probably end up with 4+ people anyways - which makes the fight cakewalk.
    Trust me, as long as you bring a sleeper (yourself) you'll have no trouble.
    Just be sure to reset Tonberry hate before you all enter.
    I know I'm an a**hole - Reminding me is redundant.
    Main: PLD75:Semi-retired
    Fave: MNK64 (at time of writing)
    Retired: {Other Jobs}
    Gear & Stuff
    The Guide to Partying in FFXI
    sigpic

Comment

Ah dammit, I thought Wiki said you could do this without 4 lanterns.... I just checked and it looks like I was thinking of another mission further on. Grrr.

EDIT:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/ZM4

"You can actually light all the lanterns with fewer than four Unlit Lanterns; you just need to make multiple trips between the Altar and the stone lanterns."

I am thinking it is faster than shouting all day in WH/Jeuno for help...

Comment

I guess it's possible, but navigating Rancor's Den up and down like that just seems like more trouble than it's worth, in my opinion...
        *shrug*
        I know I'm an a**hole - Reminding me is redundant.
        Main: PLD75:Semi-retired
        Fave: MNK64 (at time of writing)
        Retired: {Other Jobs}
        Gear & Stuff
        The Guide to Partying in FFXI
        sigpic

Comment

I would rather do that than shout...just knowing am actually moving forward (albeit slowly) is better to me than waiting, knowing there is a high chance I am wasting my time.

Comment

AFAIK, the cap when these battles were introduced was 60 or 65. A party with people over that is plenty. 4 75's is probably overkill but lets you have a tank, DD, healer and a support job.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I know I have duo'ed it with a nin friend before, with someone as a leech. Four is good just for the lamps purposes, and dealing with the inevitable aggro in Den of Rancor.

Reset hate beforehand. We kind of forgot that the first time I did it - Everyone's Rancor did something like 12k damage to our lil' taru Sam - she wasn't happy, especially as it was her husband who forgot to reset hate!

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

LMAO

12k.....ouch

I'm going to do some legwork tonight, get my Paintbrush of Souls (solo) and my lantern... then I'll shout for a bit... if no luck then I'll try bribe Haste with copious amounts of something....

Comment

i tanked this as drg had a 60 rdm 60 whm and a 70 war do it everyones rancor hit me for 81k lol (i kill tonberrys for fun but now they kill me 2). This is a very easy fight.
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I tried to solo my lantern last night, that wasn't the best idea I've had recently.

Throat Stab hurts. It didn't kill me but going through SS and leaving me with 29 HP is the closest to death I've been in a long long time. Damn bee aggro wasn't really bad but was a bit irritating.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

You can do the laterns part by your self, but I would aquaint yourself with the den of rancor first and do a couple practice runs so that you know where it's safe to reapply sneak, or die/reraise if aggroed :x

When I got sky it was my first day in my end-game shell. I went from ZM all the way to sky in about 8 hours. We had a party of 4 with whm(me), brd, war, and another whm. The bard tanked all the fights, but this was before the Mazurka nerf, so you might want to bring a real tank.

Lots of running around and general pain-in-the-arse cutscenes like normal. So just brace yourself for a long day.

Comment

Too bad you're not in my server, I need to do that too

Comment

I soloed ZM4 as rdm/blm. Throat Stab and Lateral Slash do suck, but it's nothing you can't survive as long as you fight one at a time and don't forget to Aspir whenever it's up like I did for my first 1.5 tries. >.>; Just open up with ES+Sleepga and fight thf > blm > smn. If they build sleep resistance it isn't fast enough to matter.

Fynlar told me he usually solos this as rdm/blu. I guess with Cocoon in addition to your normal buffs it's easy to tank all three of them. The thf is the only one that hits hard, really. Personally I prefer to stick with Sleepga so I don't have to track silence on the blm while I fight the thf, and don't run as much risk of a nasty combination of Throat Stab + Astral Flow or the like.
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

So i managed to get a group together by som miraculous miracle...

Currently all laying dead with ~10 mins left on death clock by the Altar of Rancor

wipes.

Not.

Comment

My group wiped near the lanterns, too. I got a different group to go with the second time, and since we went with the philosophy of "kill them all!" we got through with no problem. I don't know whose idea it was to sneak/invis the whole way and then MAYBE not get aggro when we use our lanterns. What a stupid idea.
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X