Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else incredibly frustrated with Sergeant Major quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else incredibly frustrated with Sergeant Major quest?

This has got to be the most infuriating quest ever! First you have to try and keep track of how many push-ups these losers do... there are 3 of them all going at different paces, and I gave up trying to keep track of how many each one had done in my head halfway through. I got lucky with my guess as to who didn't do enough, though, and moved on. And by moved on, I mean you have to wait for the next game day.

So the next game day comes around, and this time you hafta blow a whistle while they do sit-ups, by pressing Enter at the right time. And it has to be EXACTLY right. Many times it looked like I had perfect timing, but apparently didn't. Abquhbah will let you practice as much as you want before each attempt, but he only has you practicing while HE does sit-ups. There's only one of him, and the whole goal of this is to press it when the last of *3* NPCs finishes their sit-up. I got 10/10 on the practice after my second try, so I tried it... and I got 8/10. >.<; Apparently you need at least 9/10 to pass. So if you fail, you have to wait another game day just to do the same part over again! And every time you try again and fail, you have to wait another game day! I must have tried this like at least 5 times now (always getting 8/10 >.<), and I just can't get it! I can't even begin to explain how frustrating it is.

And from what I'm reading, even if I win this one, I have to wait yet ANOTHER game day and do an even MORE retarded "minigame." And of course, if I fail that one, more waiting game days to try again. I have to wonder what in the world SE was thinking with this game day waiting period between attempts. It honestly wouldn't be so bad if you could just try again back to back, with no wait.

Knowing SE, they probably think this quest was one of their best ideas in a long time. I can just see it now... in the next big update, they'll proudly announce that they are adding a feature that allows you to play the minigames from this quest over whenever you want, for crappy little prizes that no one wants. Only they'll be even more challenging. And again SE will think themselves brilliant for it. But now I'm just being bitter, I suppose, so I'll stop here. <.<;

EDIT: I finally beat the whistle minigame. 1/5 or 1/6 or something like that on it. ><; Now I'm 0/4 on the "race." /sigh One always seems to fall behind right at the end, when it is too late for me to get him up to speed. :/ I can't even really improve... I don't see how I'll ever beat this one, short of getting really lucky. These game day waits are so ridiculously pointless and frustrating. Even without them this quest would be really annoying. I just can't believe I never heard anything about this quest before doing it...
    Last edited by Kyrial Arthian; 04-07-2007, 02:16 AM. Reason: Update.

Rank 10 All Nations
    Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
    Assault Rank: Captain
    Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
    Unique Quests complete: 465
    Maps Obtained: 79/79

Re: Anyone else incredibly frustrated with Sergeant Major quest?

If you think these minigames are annoying, I guess you never played FFX.

Seriously... if you're getting annoyed with it, log off or go do something else and come back (and it'll be a different game day). And I bet you'll *really* enjoy Chief Sergeant. :/

I had that problem with the end of the running exercise too, but I don't remember how I finally beat it. Maybe it was just reacting sooner, before they have time to really fall behind (Abqubah warns you about using the whistle too much, but I never had a problem with it).
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
      Oh, I have. And yeah, nothing is more annoying than that chocobo race with the birds and blitzballs... but that was something with a reward I didn't really care about.

At any rate, I finally finished it with a record of 1/1, 1/6, 1/6. <.<; So yeah.... 13 game day waits. >.< I still think it was utterly pointless, sadistic, and cruel of SE to make us wait a game day after every attempt, failed or otherwise.

I dunno what you mean about Chief Sergeant though... that one doesn't like bad. o.o I mean... there's a single game day wait, or 3 if you wanna get a bonus gold piece, but I'll pass on that. Even with 3 game day waits, it couldn't be anywhere near as bad as Sergeant Major, seeing as how there's no horribly annoying minigames to deal with.

Rank 10 All Nations
      Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete

Comment

Sometimes when I sleep, I still see the butterflies.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

The butterflies aren't so bad (except for that one turn where you have to run *through* one because they aren't actually where it looks like they are).

The chocobo race and the lightning dodging... ick. It'd probably actually be quicker and easier just to collect 120 Dark Matters and all the other necessary materials and build your own weapons.
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

The butterflies aren't so bad (except for that one turn where you have to run *through* one because they aren't actually where it looks like they are).
            The chocobo race and the lightning dodging... ick. It'd probably actually be quicker and easier just to collect 120 Dark Matters and all the other necessary materials and build your own weapons.
            I was helping a friend with the lightning... he inadvertanly distracted me when I was 3 away from the goal. It took me another 2 hours to pass the damn thing.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
              Sometimes when I sleep, I still see the butterflies.
              ...this world the butterflies are showing me... Is it a dream? Or is their world the real one and the world where I was, the dream? I don't know.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

That's what I did. XD

Rank 10 All Nations
                Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete

Comment

Working...
                X