2 Quest Questions Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Quest Questions Please.

My first question is 0n the chocobo raising quest.

I've been told by the choco guy at the stables (I'm raising mine in Sandy, my starting city) that my choco is injured, so he asks me to give it some gausebit grass.
    That was like, 1 day ago I think. So I traded the grass to help for recovery.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how many clumps of this grass I should give.
    I just gave 1, though I'm not really sure if that should be enough or not.
    Does it take a few days for the choco to recover? How many exactly?
    Would one clump be enough to wait for it, or do you need to give a few?

My second question regards "The Road to Aht Urhgan" quest I've been doing.

I'm doing the beginners list.
    I started with the 2 items from Valkurm Dunes a while back - the crab apron and damselfly worm. The damselfly worm came almost straight away for me, but for some reason, it took nearly a painstaking 3-4 hours to get the crab apron.
    I can't understand why it took so long for the drop.

Just today, I got the next 2 items from Bubu Penin. (for short. you know what I mean) - The rarab tail and the dhalmel saliva.
    Didn't take long for those to drop for me. So I'm feeling good about that. Yayy!

Now I have 4.

Okay, as for the bloody robe from the bogy drop.
    I asked around on killingifrit a while ago, and someone said that if I wanted to solo it, then it would be a good idea if I waited until lvl 40. That felt like the best answer I got from there, so I'm either going to wait until I get lvl 40, or else I might see if anyone could get it for me.

I'm assuming I can still solo the ghoul right now, to get the magicked skull.
    So here's my question.

Do ghouls only come out at night like the bogy's do?
    I thought that since I'm in Bubu Penin right now, I might aswell try and get it from there, but I'm just wondering if they tend to pop in a certain area.

They don't seem as regular as all the other creatures you see during the day, which kinda makes them difficult to spot. *sigh!*

Does anyone have any ideas which part of Bubu Penin I could start seacrhing for them please? Which part of the area are they most likely to roam?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: 2 Quest Questions Please.

1 Grasss should do it. You need to wait 1 real day for it to fully take effect. If it's still injuried after a full real 24 hours then hand it another but I only ever handed one over.

Ghouls only appear at night like Bogy's and appear in several different places through out Valkurm Dunes so it's hard to give you a location to look in to definitly find one.

Bogy's in the Bur Penn can be found on the beachs to the north east and the south. A couple spawn on each side. Try taking a thief friend with you to help increase drop rates with thier Treasure Hunter skill or if your thf is above lvl15 then sub it.

If you were on Midgarsormer then I would offer to help but as your not I can't :/

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy

Comment

If you can find someone to help you, it's easier to get a skull drop in the Gusgen Mines. It would be difficult for you to go alone, but you could get someone else to help out it's much easier to get that drop in there.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

True though there are more Ghouls there I've found the drop rate in Gusgen Mines alot worse then the dunes but then again Ghouls are rarer in the dunes so in a way it evens it out. I just find the Dunes drop rate better and I'm a thief <.<; but that's just me I'm sure other thief's have thier own experiences.

Final Fantasy

Comment

Bogys are night mobs like ghouls. They appear on the shorline in Buburimu. You're best off checking the beaches near the entrance to Bibiki Bay. There's a certain spawn up on the cliff of the very northwest corner of F10. The Mighoya and Khoonta Dunes have them anyhow.

If you want to kill them in Valkurm, they appear just inland of the beaches. There's only a couple there, though.

The ghouls... I've never had any kind of luck with them at all. Valkurm or Gusgen.

As a 34 whm, these should be relatively easy mobs, but bring echo drops!

Happy hunting.

Comment

I recommend you avoid the bogys in Valkurm my friend a 40whm got maimed by one <.<;;

Final Fantasy

Comment

You could head into Gusgen Mines. They're higher level than the ones on the beaches (up to 24 for the ghouls and 27 for the bogies), but they're out day-round, and from what I've seen, have a better drop rate.

If you do go here, do bring a friend.
              WHM75-SCH75-DNC75-THF75
              To do: Sandy 7-1, ToAU 42, WoG15

Comment

Originally posted by KalemLyco View Post
                I recommend you avoid the bogys in Valkurm my friend a 40whm got maimed by one <.<;;
                I'm not entirely sure what you mean by - "got maimed by one"
                but I have a good feeling that your friend's char got killed by one though.

So if you don't think lvl 40 would be a good lvl to fight bogy's, then what do you reccomend? Lvl 50 or 60 perhaps?
                Surely not even 70!

I hope to get some help on them waaaaaayyyy before that though!
                (\ /)
                ( . .)
                C('')('')

Comment

In Buburimu, there's "The Maze Of Shakrahmi" which no one has mentioned, and apprently, according to the ffxi atlas site, there are ghouls in there which drop the magicked skull too.

Could I perhaps look in there? I'm just wondering why no one has thought to mention it, and since I last logged out of the game at the enterance to Buburimu, it would be so convenient since the maze is rather close too!

What do people think about this?
                  (\ /)
                  ( . .)
                  C('')('')

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                    So if you don't think lvl 40 would be a good lvl to fight bogy's, then what do you reccomend? Lvl 50 or 60 perhaps?
                    Surely not even 70!
                    I hope to get some help on them waaaaaayyyy before that though!
                    WHM at 40 should be plenty to take on those bogy's. While WHM doesn't have much in the way of offensive spells for most mobs, against the undead Banish spells and Cure spells should do quite well. Especially the Cure spells as that is probably your higher skill.

Remember Cure deals damage to undead mobs. You also have Stoneskin, Blink and Aquaveil, don't forget to use them.

And silence, remember to keep them silenced.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Taermus View Post
                      Bogys are night mobs like ghouls. They appear on the shorline in Buburimu. You're best off checking the beaches near the entrance to Bibiki Bay. There's a certain spawn up on the cliff of the very northwest corner of F10. The Mighoya and Khoonta Dunes have them anyhow.

If you want to kill them in Valkurm, they appear just inland of the beaches. There's only a couple there, though.

The ghouls... I've never had any kind of luck with them at all. Valkurm or Gusgen.
                      As a 34 whm, these should be relatively easy mobs, but bring echo drops!
                      Happy hunting.
                      Hmm.... according to http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/2927
                      Echo Drops are a remedy for silence. If you are silenced, does that mean you cannot cast any spells at that time, so use Echo Drops to remedy that?

Also, how long does the inflicted silence treatment last for please?
                      (\ /)
                      ( . .)
                      C('')('')

Comment

Yes, if you're Silenced you can't cast any spells, so Echo Drops would remedy that status.

The duration varies.

Comment

Silence does prevent you from casting any magic. Echo drops will remove the effect as wiki said.

The duration of silence can vary. It may have something to do with level difference between you and the mob and perhaps checks MND vs MND or INT vs INT. So there isn't a set time that it last.

The bogys can be quite bothersome because the cast magic, don't take much physical damage from blunt damage (clubs, staves) and can hit for quite a bit. o becareful. 40 should be plently high enough to kill them, just remember your enfeebles. Silence, Paralyze, Dia, Slow, Blind will help you kill them. The Ghouls are not as bad since you get a blunt damage bonus on those.

I prefer Gusgen Mines for the drop. They may have a lower drop rate, but they are always up and not just at night. Whenever I help someone I always go there, and it rarly takes me more than 15 minutes to get both drops. Good luck.

Comment

Bogys also like to use an ability that curses you, so make sure you've got Cursna (or Holy Water) available because Curse really sucks.
                            sigpic
                            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

to answer your questions. the last items you need, the bloody robe is dropped by bogys in valkurm dunes as well as buburima. they are plentiful on the beaches. can you solo those? well you should be able to but i couldnt guarantee it. it seems like i probaly have at lower level whm but not 100% positive.

now as far as the magicked skull and ghouls. they are found in valkurm dunes in most areas. the drop rate is fairly high, but to actually find them to kill you need a ranger and widescan. they only are seen from 20:00 to 4:00. they can be found in great numbers in gusgen mines, but drop rate is low. i have seen skulls drop after 1 kill and take up to an hour or longer. due to sheer number gusgen is your best bet. just watch your hp closely if it falls to low you will blood agro other ghouls and the wolf type mobs there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X