Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garliage Coffer, Half rant, Half...?

I dunno, I guess Im too hightly strung for this game

So I get a random invite from a distant friend in game (as in only met them brielfly), asking if was interested in the Garliage Coffer. Woot! That was my next one. And they had a 75 War/Nin to kill whilst we did support (2 x WHM/BLM, and me)

Spend 4 hours, got 3 Coffer Keys. Sweet.

Go back next day to find the coffer, thought it would be a piece of cake with Sneak/Invis (as it was for Elidieme after I had got the key).

Since then, have had trouble getting even 3 other people together to help Gate Breach. People came and went, lots of deaths (I take no responsibility for - at lvl 39-58 you would think they know how to avoid aggro).

So last night, after the last 2 deaths, I resigned to solo it with nothing but strangers to chance opening Gates. Whilst I am appreciative of people coming along to help, even if we are not 4/4, I am getting sick of people dying and then me having to feel guilty for their deaths. How comes I can manage to not die once? Is it that hard to run to a safe spot to sneak up/invis when you get 3 warnings?

This has got to be one of the worst coffers so far. Last night, I heard of 3 people /sh Woot I found the Coffer! whilst I was sitting behind Gate 1 trying to get through.

So now Im behind Gate 2. Next time I log in, I will get past that. Then Im camping the 4 spawns until I get it.

Half of me is thinking, everyone must have gone through this stage, and the other half of me thinking "I just dont know enough people". Maybe its becuase all my LS's are US? So time zones dont match? I help out eveyone else when I have time, and especially since I started AF and LB to make a point of helping out more.

There are a few things I need from BCNM60's. How am I going to get 2 or 5 other people together for a BCNM60 if I cant even get 3 ANY level people to help with this?

Yes, I know there is shouting in Jeuno/WG. But I like to be doing something - anything - productive with my limited playing time and not have to spend all evening shouting for help.

Boo hoo!

Re: Garliage Coffer, Half rant, Half...?

Gate 3 is the better one to sit behind, you have the Sauro zone line closish.

I'm kinda busy Wednesday, got at least 3 Wild Wild Whiskers run, but if you still need by Thursday, should be ok then.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Thanks Kirst.

I am half tempted to go exp without my AF Legs until I know I can get a proper "event" setup. But I'm stubborn.

You know, all 3 Coffers found last night were behind Gate 3. But I thought, as there are 3 points behind Gate 3 and 4 behind Gate 2, I would have more chance at sitting behind Gate 2.

Dont get me wrong, I love a challenge. But being stuck just becuase the zone NEEDS 4 people - thats just frustrating for someone like me. It doesnt matter if you're lvl 1 or 75, still need 4 people to reliably progress through the zone.

I hope after getting the key for Castle Oztroja I can solo the coffer find ><

Hopefully I'll see you in-game Kirst I appreciate it.

Comment

NP, it won't take long.

I just prefer gate 3, as it is easier to log in safely if you log out there.

"As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I logged out round the corner from Gate 2 on the stairs. Its ok though, if I get aggro, I can still beat the bats down. Or Chainspell + Warp.

If you are definately around Thurs then ll try get a few levels in on Wednesday.

Still poses the questions tho, I need to make some good in-game contacts. Otherwise Im going to be one lonely 75RDM

Comment

Coffer {Found It!}

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Gate 2, G-8. {Castle Oztroja} {Yes please}!!

Comment

Congrats!! Thats my next coffer for BST, not looking forward to it :/ lol

Comment

Since Astrals were removed from Castle-O it has become one of the easiest Coffers to get.

Edit > Congrats on Citadel coffer.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

2 more baby and I'm on Full AF.

The wierd thing is, and I tested this last night, if I wear all the optimum gear I have for partying, which includes RSE and AF, man I look like a wierdo.

Haha, when I saw the Coffer pop, I was fumbling around so much it took me at lest 3 attempts to open it.

1st attempt it said I had to stand closer
                  2nd attemp my Inv was full
                  3rd attempt I traded my Water Staff (???) instead of the key

Ahhh it feels sooo good...I then went on to spend a total of 15-20 mins doing the Olduum quest which allows me to Tele straight to Wajoam Woodlands, since thats where my parties seem to be.

Not looking forward to Castle-O...I hate Yags

Comment

1st attempt it said I had to stand closer
                    2nd attemp my Inv was full
                    3rd attempt I traded my Water Staff (???) instead of the key
                    I suggest making a macro for opening the chests

/target npc
                    /item "Name Coffer Key" <t>

targets whatever npc that is in front of you and is closest to you including chests, and uses the coffer key on it. The Name Coffer Key part must be spelled EXACTLY like it is in the inventory. So if it is spelled Garliage Coff. Key the macro becomes:

/target npc
                    /item "Garliage Coff. Key" <t>

Make sure your inventory has at least one open spot before doing your other AF runs, and beware of competition.

GL with your other coffers, and if you can you might want to do them early, no real sense in waiting if you can get the help you need early, then they are out of the way and you have your gear ahead of time.

EDIT:

Forgot to emphasize, it must be spelled exactly like it is in the inventory, down to the capital letter placement, periods, commas, whatever, I can't stress that enough.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I hate the Garliage coffer too. I've had to get it for AF for 3 or 4 different jobs (sorry I lost count lol) and it has sucked every time. Because I have a couple of 75 jobs, I can solo any of the AF coffer keys with no problem. Then, for all areas EXCEPT Garlaige, I can go back with the proper job and sneak and invis around til I find the coffer. I really like being self-sufficient when it comes to AF, especially since I have 4 jobs with full AF that are *not* level 75 because I can't seem to find another job I've enjoyed playing as much as the two I DO have at 75, and so I really feel like it would be asking too much of people to keep helping me get AF for a job I might get bored of and stop playing. (Fortunately, when you already have two level 75 jobs, you have some freedom to bumble around and quit jobs in the 60's and even 70's lol)

That Garlaige coffer though, there's just no getting around it, you have to either get people to help you or stand outside the gates for, literally, HOURS hoping somebody else comes along and opens it. And if they do, you can bet they're looking for the coffer too, so you'll be standing around some more waiting for it to repop and hoping it repops on the side you happen to be on. Honestly I don't know why SE made that coffer so irritating.
                      召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                      San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

I hope BLM and NIN are not there for AF.

I bet they are though.

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                          I hope BLM and NIN are not there for AF.
                          I bet they are though.
                          I know BLM has AF in both Garliage and the Necropolis, don't know anything about NIN.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Nin is SSG, Ifrit's and Kuftal iirc.

Blm is Eldieme, Garliage and Davoi. However, blm hands are Garliage, so you can actually trigger it on blm, and because it is a quest item, pop it on rdm. That is how I did it.

I have had 3 Garliage so far. Sucks. Next job is smn, so Torblahblah Canal, Uggy Temple, and SSG FUN.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                              EDIT:

Forgot to emphasize, it must be spelled exactly like it is in the inventory, down to the capital letter placement, periods, commas, whatever, I can't stress that enough.
                              What he said.

The easiest way is using the Autotranslated word as in "<insert autotranslated stuff>", those " " are important if the name has more than one word.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X