X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new job quests?

Looks like these are the ones:

Luck of the Draw (COR)
    Client: Ratihb (Shararat Teahouse, Aht Urhgan Whitegate)
    Summary:
    Ratihb wants you to check on
    his son Wasuhd, who has gone
    in search of his older brother.

No Strings Attached (PUP)
    Client: Iruki-Waraki (Way of the Devout, Aht Urhgan Whitegate)
    Summary:
    If you want to learn how to
    become a puppetmaster, you must
    bring an automaton to Iruki-Waraki.

Finding Faults (BLU)
    Client: Hishahma (Way of the Devout, Aht Urhgan Whitegate)
    Summary:
    Journey to the lands where
    dangerous monsters reside and
    investigate their weak points.
    According to previous research,
    each type of monster should
    possess two weak points.
    RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Re: Possible new job quests?

Guess you found them alright... now we get to wait in-line while we swarm the zones to complete these. LOL
    Last edited by klvino; 04-17-2006, 11:04 PM.

Comment

ok how the hell do you find them?

Final Fantasy XI: Midgardsormr
      Avihai: 32BST | 41MNK | 39BLM | 41WHM | 24WAR | 6NIN | 6SAM
      Windy Rank5
      MULES SOUND OFF!
      Panwaffles: Gardening mule/Windy
      Vanillaicecream: Armour mule/Sandy
      Scones: Crystal Mule/Bastok
      Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

you.....are amazing. Are you by chance the head of SE?
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

how do you find quest...please tell me....Items too..i have seen people know items...someone please tell me?

Windy Rank5
          MULES SOUND OFF!
          Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

People use programs like POLUtils to read the .dat files.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen
              People use programs like POLUtils to read the .dat files.
              Yep, that's it just a straight out cheat basically. None of them ever spent the time looking just finding what data they can from the NPC chat messages. Or mission/quest detail information.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

so If i download POLutil I can read these things too?

Windy Rank5
                MULES SOUND OFF!
                Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

The pup one starts in bastok markets, round the fountain. XD There was a PC crowd around so I was like ">3> Hm, I wonder what that crowd is for." so I went over and it's an elvaan cheering and a puppet dancing. Talk to him and he asks you to go to the whitegate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyren
                    The pup one starts in bastok markets, round the fountain. XD There was a PC crowd around so I was like ">3> Hm, I wonder what that crowd is for." so I went over and it's an elvaan cheering and a puppet dancing. Talk to him and he asks you to go to the whitegate.
                    That's not the quest starter for job quest.

Comment

^someone in my ls said that it was the starter for thr pup quest and i was highly sceptical but needed to check it out anyways and its just a teaser for the new job imo.

Comment

Where exactly is the Whitegate?

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                          Where exactly is the Whitegate?
                          new zone. check your Besiege region map, and you will see it.

Comment

Ah, I found it, and I highlighted the quest areas.

Puppetmaster quest data:

Eh? What d'you want?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Shamarhaan told you about me?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I'm sorry, but I can't help you.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I don't have my automaton anymore...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            A puppetmaster without an automaton is like a Goblin without a mask!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            ...Did you just ask me what a Goblin without a mask is like?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Do you know what happened to the last person who asked me that?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            ......≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I'm not telling you. Just remember, you don't want it to happen to you. Now get lost.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You want to ask about puppeteering anyway?≺NewLine≻Talk about not taking a hint...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Is any of this getting through to you?≺NewLine≻I can't talk about puppeteering without an automaton!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Can you talk about the beauty of the Mithra without their ears and tail? Of course not! And this is the same type of thing!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I'm nothing without ears and a ta--no no, without my automaton! See? Now you're confusing me!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            That's why I can't talk to you about Mith--no, no! Argh! I can't think straight!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I need an automaton, or I can't even speak correctly!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Bring me an automaton, and then we can talk!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Got it? Now get out of here! Out, out!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Do you need anything?≺NewLine≻...An automaton?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I am using all of the models here for my research. I can't go giving them out for free, you know?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            But if you really must have one...≺Marker: 7F3602≻≺NewLine≻I suppose I could give you an automaton in exchange for helping me with my research.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I am currently in the process of reviewing the very fundamentals of automaton technology.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            And to that purpose, I require one of the automatons that I developed in the past.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You see, each time I finish a new automaton, I present it to a puppetmaster.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            As a result, not a single model of my older work remains in this workshop.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            A lot has befallen me here in Aht Urhgan, and I'm afraid I no longer even possess the blueprints from my earlier projects.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            If you could just find one of my previous models and bring it to me, I could finish my study...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I can also improve the automaton and forge it into a brand-new model. And then...I will even give it to you!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Not a bad deal, is it?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I am fairly certain that some old models of mine are lying dormant somewhere on Arrapago Reef.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Long ago, I developed a type of armored automaton soldier to be used in battles against the Lamiae on Arrapago Reef.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            However, the tables turned when the Lamiae began controlling the automatons, and the operation was a failure.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Whatever is left of the automatons may still be found in the area.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            In any case, I would recommend starting your search there.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            So if you're serious about helping me, I suggest you head to Arrapago Reef now.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Why, you managed to find quite an aged model.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            And the older the better, when it comes to my research.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I thank you for your work. This will do nicely.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            It may take some time to research and customize this automaton...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            But I know how long you've been waiting, so I'll try to finish up as soon as I possibly can.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Just wait until you see what I can do with this baby...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Sorry for the wait.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Here's the automaton I promised you. I've upgraded it to the newest model.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            This model was a prototype. I remembered a great deal while studying it.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            The data was extremely helpful, and is certain to prompt great progress in my research.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I hope you will find the automaton just as invaluable, as it now belongs to you.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Take good care of it, now.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You again? What do you want now?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Y-y-you brought me an a-a-automaton!?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            F-for...m-m-me!?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            No no no...I...I can't possibly accept this.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Until recently, I was considered the top puppeteer on Urhguum, so I know how they work...≺NewLine≻This automaton won't work with anyone but you. Try it out, and you'll see what I mean.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            My automaton only worked for me, and I couldn't have performed with another automaton, either. You form a sort of bond, you see.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            What? Does that create a problem for you?≺NewLine≻Oh, yes...I did mention that I can't talk about puppeteering without an automaton, didn't I?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I was just saying that to get rid of you.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Don't get me wrong. I was completely serious about not being able to talk about Mithra if there are no ears or tail involved...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Um, anyway, what did you want to ask me about puppeteering?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Or did you come to ask me how Goblins look under their masks?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You see, about that...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Oh? You were more interested in puppeteering after all?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You want to know what it takes to become a puppetmaster, do you?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I don't know what you're talking about...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You're already a puppetmaster!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You have your own automaton. That's proof!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Huh? Shamarhaan told you you can't operate an automaton if you're not a puppetmaster?≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Hmph, he's just making stuff up.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Well...come to think of it, he does have a point.≺NewLine≻If you can't let the automaton know what you're thinking, it's not going to move.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            I've got something to help you with that... Ah, here it is!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You can use this controller... Now, try pushing here.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            See?≺NewLine≻Now it knows what you're thinking!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            And the more you work together, the more responsive it will become to your commands!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You can use this ≺Marker: 7F8101≻≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Item Parameter 1≻ to give direction to your automaton!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Oh! And you should give your automaton a name, too. It's all yours now, so you get to decide!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Choose your automaton's name.≺NewLine≻≺Selection Dialog≻Luron≺NewLine≻Drille≺NewLine≻Tournefoux≺NewLine≻Chafouin≺NewLine≻Plaisantin≺NewLine≻Loustic≺NewLine≻Histrion≺NewLine≻Bobeche≺NewLine≻Bougrion≺NewLine≻Rouleteau≺NewLine≻Allouette≺NewLine≻Serenade≺NewLine≻Ficelette≺NewLine≻Tocadie≺NewLine≻Caprice≺NewLine≻Foucade≺NewLine≻Capillotte≺NewLine≻Quenotte≺NewLine≻Pacotille≺NewLine≻Comedie≺NewLine≻Kagekiyo≺NewLine≻Toraoh≺NewLine≻Genta≺NewLine≻Kintoki≺NewLine≻Koumei≺NewLine≻Pamama≺NewLine≻Lobo≺NewLine≻Tsukushi≺NewLine≻Oniwaka≺NewLine≻Kenbishi≺NewLine≻Hannya≺NewLine≻Mashira≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Your automaton has a new name.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Are you sure this name is okay?≺NewLine≻≺Selection Dialog≻Yes, this is it.≺NewLine≻On second thought...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Good luck! I'm behind you all the way!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            You can now become a puppetmaster!≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻

Automaton names:

Choose your automaton's name.≺NewLine≻≺Selection Dialog≻Luron≺NewLine≻Drille≺NewLine≻Tournefoux≺NewLine≻Chafouin≺NewLine≻Plaisantin≺NewLine≻Loustic≺NewLine≻Histrion≺NewLine≻Bobeche≺NewLine≻Bougrion≺NewLine≻Rouleteau≺NewLine≻Allouette≺NewLine≻Serenade≺NewLine≻Ficelette≺NewLine≻Tocadie≺NewLine≻Caprice≺NewLine≻Foucade≺NewLine≻Capillotte≺NewLine≻Quenotte≺NewLine≻Pacotille≺NewLine≻Comedie≺NewLine≻Kagekiyo≺NewLine≻Toraoh≺NewLine≻Genta≺NewLine≻Kintoki≺NewLine≻Koumei≺NewLine≻Pamama≺NewLine≻Lobo≺NewLine≻Tsukushi≺NewLine≻Oniwaka≺NewLine≻Kenbishi≺NewLine≻Hannya≺NewLine≻Mashira≺NewLine≻View more.≺NewLine≻Cancel.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Choose your automaton's name.≺NewLine≻≺Selection Dialog≻Nadeshiko≺NewLine≻E100≺NewLine≻Koume≺NewLine≻X-32≺NewLine≻Poppo≺NewLine≻Asuka≺NewLine≻Sakura≺NewLine≻Tao≺NewLine≻Mao≺NewLine≻Gadget≺NewLine≻Marion≺NewLine≻Widget≺NewLine≻Quirk≺NewLine≻Sprocket≺NewLine≻Cogette≺NewLine≻Lecter≺NewLine≻Coppelia≺NewLine≻Sparky≺NewLine≻Clank≺NewLine≻Calcobrena≺NewLine≻Crackle≺NewLine≻Ricochet≺NewLine≻Josette≺NewLine≻Fritz≺NewLine≻Skippy≺NewLine≻Pino≺NewLine≻Mandarin≺NewLine≻Jackstraw≺NewLine≻Guignol≺NewLine≻Moppet≺NewLine≻Nutcracker≺NewLine≻Erwin≺NewLine≻View previous.≺NewLine≻View next.≺NewLine≻Cancel.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Choose your automaton's name.≺NewLine≻≺Selection Dialog≻Otto≺NewLine≻Gustav≺NewLine≻Muffin≺NewLine≻Xaver≺NewLine≻Toni≺NewLine≻Ina≺NewLine≻Gerda≺NewLine≻Petra≺NewLine≻Verena≺NewLine≻Rosi≺NewLine≻Schatzi≺NewLine≻Warashi≺NewLine≻Klingel≺NewLine≻Clochette≺NewLine≻Campanello≺NewLine≻Kaiserin≺NewLine≻Principessa≺NewLine≻Butler≺NewLine≻Graf≺NewLine≻Caro≺NewLine≻Cara≺NewLine≻Mademoiselle≺NewLine≻Herzog≺NewLine≻Tramp≺NewLine≻V-1000≺NewLine≻Hikozaemon≺NewLine≻Nine≺NewLine≻Acht≺NewLine≻Quattro≺NewLine≻Zero≺NewLine≻Dreizehn≺NewLine≻Seize≺NewLine≻View previous.≺NewLine≻View next.≺NewLine≻Cancel.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
                            Choose your automaton's name.≺NewLine≻≺Selection Dialog≻Fukusuke≺NewLine≻Mataemon≺NewLine≻Kansuke≺NewLine≻Polichinelle≺NewLine≻Tobisuke≺NewLine≻Sasuke≺NewLine≻Shijimi≺NewLine≻Chobi≺NewLine≻Aurelie≺NewLine≻Magalie≺NewLine≻Aurore≺NewLine≻Caroline≺NewLine≻Andrea≺NewLine≻Machinette≺NewLine≻Clarine≺NewLine≻Armelle≺NewLine≻Reinette≺NewLine≻Dorlote≺NewLine≻Turlupin≺NewLine≻Klaxon≺NewLine≻Bambino≺NewLine≻Potiron≺NewLine≻Fustige≺NewLine≻Amidon≺NewLine≻Machin≺NewLine≻Bidulon≺NewLine≻Tandem≺NewLine≻Prestidige≺NewLine≻Purute-Porute≺NewLine≻Bito-Rabito≺NewLine≻Cocoa≺NewLine≻Totomo≺NewLine≻View previous.≺NewLine≻Cancel.≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻

Finding faults might not be the quest to unlock BLU. I'm looking through speech logs of what seems to be this quest, but there isn't a single line that says you've become a Blue Mage, just lines about imperial rank. It starts at 1603 in DAT 123 in folder 0.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Impaction; 04-19-2006, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X