"The holder of this permit has
    been authorized for travel to the
    Near East in order to take up post
    as a mercenary. The Empire of Aht
    Urhgan has a duty to inform our
    lands should the owner of this
    permit perish while abroad.
    The Commissioner of Mhaura"
    I find this interesting, its the discription of the key item allowing you to ride the ferry to aht urhgan, note that this is given by "The Commissioner of Mhaura", which pretty oviously states that The Commissioner of Mhaura will start the quest to get to the empire. Just incase anyone was still wondering how they are going to get thier pass or how to get there ^^.

I hope it isent going to be anything too dufficult for one person or no more than a party of pepole to complete, it may be like the kazham pass but im sure it will be easyer due to people just buying the game and expecting to make it to the new areas without any major effort.

BTW i found this info here http://www.xanga.com/Zhila/473667267/item.html

Re: The Commissioner of Mhaura starts the quest for the aht urghan ferry pass

Actually the quest to get the pass is from the Tenshodo in Lower Jeuno

The Road to Aht Urhgan
    Client: Faursel (Tenshodo,
    Lower Jeuno)
    Summary:
    If you want to ride the mercenary
    transport ship from Mhaura, you
    must bring the required items to
    the Tenshodo.

NPCs Dialogue:

Lately, people 'ave been strewing about ≺Place Name≻ like there's no tomorrow, so a lot o' Tenshodo members don't know that trick.
    O' course, me and the boss are on a whole different plane o' thinking.
    Still, the notion of 都eeing the unseen・was one o' the main draws of the Tenshodo for me in the beginning. I've got high hopes for you...
    Eh?
    Ah, sorry. I left out the most important part, didn't I? Sorry t' leave you hanging there.
    Um... What was I saying, again?
    Oh, yeah...the Empire of Aht Urhgan. You want t' see the Near East, don't you? I can see it in your eyes.
    How does Aht Urhgan sound to you?
    > I want to go!
    > Psh, not interested.
    Heheh, I appreciate your honesty.
    Is 'at so? That's all I 'ave to say to you then, so get out o' here.
    Well, aren't you clever? But once is enough. Seriously.
    Anyway, that's enough batting aroun' the bush for now. Let's dig straight in t' the juicy details, shall we?
    You know the ships at Mhaura used t' transport prospective mercenaries to the Near East? If you want t' climb aboard one o' those vessels, you 'ave got to go through none other than the Tenshodo here.
    We received a request from the Empire 'erself. Getting those ships t' port was a royal pain. We finally managed t' bargain a cheap price on some rickety old vessels, and...
    And you don't care. Sorry abou' that. A man's got to vent sometimes.
    Anyway, you should know by now how things work around 'ere. If you want something, you 'ave to bring me something I want, first.
    If you aren't in the mood t' scavenge up what I want, you can always cough up gil instead. O' course, that would be quickest.
    Let's make this explanation brief, shall we?
    You see, prices are a mite different in the Near East. Something that sells for a gil a dozen here might be a luxury item in Aht Urhgan.
    Jumping straigh' to the point, now.
    I want you t' bring me some common items from this side o' Vana'diel, and I'll give you the ≺Item Name≻ in exchange.
    The more you bring me, the better. I 'ave put together a few lists if you'd like to take a look. I will leave it t' you which to bring me.
    Ah yes, and there is gil, too. Righto.
    You can buy your way out if you choose.
    If you decide t' go the gil route, I will need ≺number≻ gil up front. That's nothing for adventurers nowadays, righ'? You can also consider it your price o' failure, heheh.
    So what'll it be?
    I'll read the list now, so decide which set is in your budget and make a note o' what you need.
    What'll it be?
    > Beginner list.
    > Intermediate list.
    > Advanced list.
    > Pay the ≺number≻ gil.
    > Please explain again.
    > Let me think about it.
    It's going t' take you some work if you want to go to Aht Urhgan, but you cannot get there through anyone but us.
    Heh heh heh...
    The advanced list, eh? A superb choice. The items on this list are few, so they should fit nicely in your bag, but they are quite difficult t' come by.
    You can choose from the following:
    One coffer key from a beastman stronghold--Davoi, Beadeaux, Castle Oztroja, the Temple of Uggalepih, the Den of Rancor, the Quicksand Caves, or the Sea Serpent Grotto.
    A 鍍estimony.・Those ancient scraps of papyrus seem t' be quite popular with collectors these days. I don't know all the details, but apparently there's a testimony for any o' the jobs an adventurer can be. Anyway, I just need one.
    Your last option is t' bring me chips from Pso'Xja.
    I'll need a set o' those, though. You'll 'ave to bring me ≺Item Name≻, ≺Item Name≻, and ≺Item Name≻, all three.
    That's it for the advanced list.
    You can bring me any one o' the above requests, but if you decide t' bring Pso'Xja chips, I'll need 'em in a set o' three.
    Intermediate, eh?
    This one is quite a bother.
    Beastmen 'ave been a real plague t' the Near East as of late. Not that we haven't been having problems here, too.
    But anyway, the situation 'as driven up the demand for beastman spoils.
    I want you t' bring me ≺Item Name≻, ≺Item Name≻, and ≺Item Name≻.
    The beastmen have been using those t' relay orders. I require all three.
    That's all for the intermediate list.
    It may sound simple, but those items are scattered all about the strongholds and are rather difficult t' get a hold of.
    You say you want t' go to Aht Urhgan, but you're too big o' a coward to face a challenge, eh? That attitude will get you nowhere in the Empire, I tell you. Ah well, it's all the same t' me, as long as I make a profit.
    This will be more like running errands, but there are a lot o' things for you to collect on this list.
    There are a lot o' curious items here. I need you to bring me ≺Item Name≻, ≺Item Name≻, and ≺Item Name≻.
    Wait, there's more. I also require ≺Item Name≻ and ≺Item Name≻.
    ...Oh, and one last thing--≺Item Name≻. Hand me these six items at one time, and I will be satisfied.
    Hoho!
    So this high and mighty adventurer refuses t' be reduced to running errands!
    Ah, sorry abou' that.
    I'm not picking on you, so don't get your feathers in a ruffle.
    So you are going t' pay me ≺number≻ gil. Is that correct?
    You won't receive the permit immediately, you know. Are you okay with that?
    Pay ≺number≻ gil for the permit?
    > On second thought, no.
    > Yes.
    You're not going t' regret this later, are you?
    Be honest.
    > Now that you mention it...
    > Regret? I know the word not!
    Blimey! You've only got ≺number≻ gil?
    Come back when your pockets are a little heavier!
    Congratulations, ≺name≻ sir/ma'am, we have a deal!
    Come back tomorrow and I will give you the ≺item name≻.
    And don't you worry, because the Tenshodo is true t' its word!
    You pay Faursel ≺number≻ gil!
    Exactly what I asked for!
    Congratulations, ≺name≻ sir/ma'am, we have a deal!
    And don't you worry, because the Tenshodo is true t' its word!
    What's done is done. Sorry, but I'm not giving any refunds.
    Good day t' you.
    You can 'ave your ≺item name≻ now!
    With this, you can ride t' the Near East from the port at Mhaura.
    I 'ave got t' tell you up front, though, that the high seas are a dangerous place. I can't guarantee your safety, so travel at your own risk.
    If I were you, I'd be praying for the ship t' simply stay afloat.
    Heh heh heh...
    With ≺item name≻, you can ride t' the Near East from the port at Mhaura.
    Good day t' you.
    I 'ave got your ≺item anme≻ here. Unfortunately, I cannot hand it t' you just yet.
    Righto. Here goes nothing.
    Being o' the Tenshodo, I couldn't accept such an exorbitant price for a simple permit without including some type o' extra service.
    Can you hear me, anyway...?
    Well, when you open your eyes, you're in for a surprise. Heheh.
    Ah, it's you again.
    Did you make it t' Aht Urhgan in one piece? Sorry for catching you by surprise earlier.
    I'm not sure if you know this or not, but Aht Urhgan has a pact forbidding airships from flying over their nation.
    O' course, we found a way around that, and dropped you into that ginormous forest from the sky. The Tenshodo'll always give you your money's worth.
    We didn't want anyone else t' know about that route, so we had t' bail you out from midair and keep the operation secret. Sorry, but it was the only way.

To sum it up
    Gil
    Advanced: Bring him 1 item from the list he gives or all 3 pso'xja chips
    Intermeide: all 3 items he askes you for, though they arnt as hard to get
    Beginner: All 6 items he asks for, sorta easy to get I assume

wait 1 day (JPN/Vanadiel unknown) get pass and get to Aht Urghan
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

=o according to this one of the Corsair's rolls, Gallant roll, gives party members a damage reflect effect. I smell a new rdm spell!

Comment

/blush ^^ im sorry.

Comment

"Corsair's Roll
          Increases the amount of experience points earned by party members within area of effect.
          Lucky Number: 5. Unlucky Number: 9."
          I have a feeling Corsair is going to be very popular, this site has some pretty good info on the update

Comment

Gyotsha, what do your replies have to do with this thread?
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

LOL I was just thinking the exact same thing Task
              ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

I wonder what the items are... you can choose to see the item list before you decide right?
                So we don't have to do this wild cat quest anymore right?
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                  Gyotsha, what do your replies have to do with this thread?
                  Shush, I'm hyper from eatting too much chocolate ._. Anyways, I was talking about related info from the site the maker of this thread posted *cough* um... ya o.o;

I better say something related to the actual thread now >_> I hope SE didn't decide to be a pain in the ass and make it a difficult quest... That would make me quite sad
                  Last edited by Gyotsha; 04-17-2006, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                    I wonder what the items are... you can choose to see the item list before you decide right?
                    So we don't have to do this wild cat quest anymore right?
                    The easiest ones to get are either a Coffer Key from one of the higher level bst strongholds or any testimony.

Comment

Im just gonna go the gil route seeing as i cant get a coffer key at my lvl

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

Haha, I think I still have lots of coffer keys and I definitely have an unused RDM testimony. Plain sailing to Aht Urhgan, then.
                        Along with 10,000 other people on my server.
                        RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

i hope the gill proce is low....really low

Final Fantasy XI: Midgardsormr
                          Avihai: 32BST | 41MNK | 39BLM | 41WHM | 24WAR | 6NIN | 6SAM
                          Windy Rank5
                          MULES SOUND OFF!
                          Panwaffles: Gardening mule/Windy
                          Vanillaicecream: Armour mule/Sandy
                          Scones: Crystal Mule/Bastok
                          Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

if its under 500k id be happy

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

500k O.O!

Final Fantasy XI: Midgardsormr
                              Avihai: 32BST | 41MNK | 39BLM | 41WHM | 24WAR | 6NIN | 6SAM
                              Windy Rank5
                              MULES SOUND OFF!
                              Panwaffles: Gardening mule/Windy
                              Vanillaicecream: Armour mule/Sandy
                              Scones: Crystal Mule/Bastok
                              Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

Working...
                              X