Returning to FFXI player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to FFXI player

Hello everyone! I'm new to this website!

I know there is a lot of post about this question but i wanted an up to date one.And i google a lot of forms about Returning to this game, And couldn't figure out what to do? I was woundering if I should get the PC version of FFXI ultimate collection or the xbox 360 version? If i get it for xbox, is the xbox version ok? Cause i read on it and it seems to be a problem for some of the disc not loading right or in general, the xbox version just isn't good? I want to get it on steam for my PC but the only thing is that i have windows 7 64. I read there was a problem with the game not playing really good on windows 7 64? Also, Should i come back and play the game? I've played it before and got to like level 30 quit around 2005 i think. I miss playing the game so much. So if anyone could reply back, Thank you very much! I'll get back to this thread as soon as i can ok? Sorry.

Re: Returning to FFXI player

I'd recommend PC if for no other reason than Xbox is notorious for crashing when there's lag. I don't really know what's up with the Windows 7 or x64 problems though since I play on XP and x86.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I haven't played on the PC, but the only two problems I have with the 360 version are the Red Ring of Death, which isn't FFXI specific, and Beseiged, which crashes the system everytime.
      99 DNC
      99 WHM
      99 WAR
      * 99 THF
      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Ok so I should go with the pc version. With the pc I would have to get a new video card then cause im using on board graphics. I read on some info that ffxi rely on cpu other than gpu so I don't have to get a high end card for my pc. My pc specs are:

Asus motherboard with intel chipset
        It does have pci express x16 slot for video card.

Intel i3 540 3.0 g cpu

4g ram

15'' display screen.

1tyb hard drive.

Windows 7 x64

So what type of video card should I get to run ffxi on my pc smoothly?

Comment

Just use whichever is cheaper to start up; if it's xbox360, so be it. (Steam often sells the PC version for like US$10, though, but you do have to factor in the cost of a video card for your case.)

Monthly fee is the same no matter what you use.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Thanks for the infomation!I just purchased ffxi uc on xbox 360. What server should i join?

Comment

If you're not shy about meeting people and making friends, you'd be fine on any World.

If not, see if you can get invited into a social linkshell which welcomes new players, then go to where ever that LS is.

- Mugaku

Comment

Hey Ifrit (or anyone who knows), I'm currently downloading the UC from Steam and I had a few questions. I am returning after about 4 years and I was wondering if character reactivation might still work for my old characters. I seem to meet Playonline's requirements for it, but since it doesn't mention a time limit I'm not sure. It would be nice to get an idea of what my chances are, and if they're slim I might just make a whole new account for the free month.

Also, I would like to confrim whether or not I can add the three expansions after WotG to my old account with my UC code (excluding Abyssea, of course).

If you are able to answer these questions or possibly point me in the direction of relevent threads I would be unbelieveably greatfull. I am really looking forward to getting back to Vana 'deil and having my old characters would just make the whole experience that much more enjoyable.
                Last edited by DamienScott; 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamienScott View Post
                  seem to meet Playonline's requirements for it, but since it doesn't mention a time limit I'm not sure. It would be nice to get an idea of what my chances are, and if they're slim I might just make a whole new account for the free month.
                  Why not just contact SE? If you have all your info, my guess is that the customer support will be able to tell you whether you can get your old character back. Think there's a web chat of some sort, so no need to spend money on a long phone call, either.

Originally posted by DamienScott View Post
                  Also, I would like to confrim whether or not I can add the three expansions after WotG to my old account with my UC code (excluding Abyssea, of course).
                  If you meant the first three add-on modules, should be; I obtained A Moogle Kupo d'Etat and A Shantotto Ascension by obtaining the code from Steam.

The Abyssea add-on's (the second set; another three modules) probably aren't included in the collection, yet, so you'd have to purchase those from the POL client.

- Mugaku

Comment

Thanks, I'll finish downloading patches and whatnot then try to get my info together and contact them.

Comment

Working...
                    X