No announcement yet.

Returning to Vana'diel February 2nd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to Vana'diel February 2nd...

Greetings everyone interested in FFXI, new or possibly returning players. Over the last few months since XIV launched I've been exceptionally disappointed with the MMO industry. Not persay with the older titles as much as I am with everything these past 6 years, and looking forward within the 2011-2012 period. I can honestly say that if every MMO coming out ends up being the same ole themepark-quest-hub-grind, then I'm not interested and sadly thus far thats what it appears to be. I'm not against giving them a try if I get in the CB or OB, but I tire of wasting the $50+ at launch only to be disappointed within a few days to a week.

And while FFXIV was a huge letdown at launch, it has been slowly getting better, and the massive changes coming in the first update this year, plus the direction this new producer has in mind; if they can pull it all off, I could see XIV recovering quite well. Its just going to take the better part of 2011 sadly and in the mean time I might as well play something I truly enjoy. And I'm fed up with bouncing around, wasting money on supposedly "the next good MMO" when we have a really good one right in front of us that delivers on all aspects, at least that I expect.

So I've decided that I'd like to possibly make a return to Vana'diel {my favorite MMO of all time} starting next month on February 2nd. Though I wish not to do it alone, and while our Linkshell has gone through some rough patches of keeping active members due to FFXIV not performing as we all expected, there are still more than a dozen of us looking for something to do, however I doubt all of them are willing to follow me back to XI. So I'm looking for some new or returning players that would like to join our Linkshell and make the journey all the more fun.

We could even discuss starting up some static PTs several times a week, and it wouldn't matter what level anyone is or where said PT could take place with the Level Sync feature. I severely miss the camp & pull style of parties, the exciting dangers of exploring Vana'diel, the exhilerating storylines, camping NMs and of course being social & helping other members of the community.

From reading the forums over on MMORPG the past few weeks, several extensive threads have caught my eye:

Anyway, you should get the idea, but it appears that there are quite a few gamers out there that feel the same as I, and I believe that FFXI would satisfy those willing to join us, especially since it seems to be the only MMO remaining that still supports the old camp ~ pull ~ grind method. Nor does one get any XP from I'd say at least 98% of all quests, they're for the adventure with a great story, to learn about the lore and sometimes a nice reward, but not always.

Well this post has gotten longer than I thought it would, and I don't really like huge-walls-of-text either. If you'd like to join Eldritch Eponym on our return to adventuring in Vana'diel, then please click on my Signature below. You'll be magically teleported to our Linkshell forums where you can find a slew of details about us on our Info Page including how to join us, our naming policy and guidelines. We also have a 15-slot Ventrilo server to better enhance our communication whilst PTing.

Anyone willing to give FFXI a try, be you new to Vana'diel entirely, or a returning player starting anew or even transferring your character to the Fenrir World are more than welcome to come sign up and join us.

Re: Returning to Vana'diel February 2nd...

Originally posted by Khalus View Post
    I can honestly say that if every MMO coming out ends up being the same ole themepark-quest-hub-grind, then I'm not interested and sadly thus far thats what it appears to be.
    Well, there is guild Wars 2 coming out, claiming to be the "next gen" in MMOs, saying that its going to be acasul game, with dynamic questing. No large texts dialogs when you start up a quest, and what one person does in one end of the world, it has an effect on the other end. It is supposed to be a great game when it comes out. If you consider a new one I would suggest that game.
    Originally posted by Khalus View Post
    I'm sick of leveling too fast.
    I actually love to level fast, especially if there is no beginning/mid game content in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
      Well, there is guild Wars 2 coming out, claiming to be the "next gen" in MMOs, saying that its going to be a casual game, with dynamic questing.

How many times though have we heard that line from developers though, promising cookies and pie! In the end we get a glass of vinegar...le sigh Even with Square-Enix I spent the entire year since it was announced at E309 til launch going gaga over it, saying its SE, they have had such amazing success with FFXI, they know how to make an MMO, what could go wrong...obviously a lot...heh

Like most developers, SE made the same mistake, when making a sequel they tend to remove everything that made their first title unique, opting for something entirely new with nothing from the latter. Why can't just one developer see the mass error of the ways of so many others before them and just build on what already works and expand on it!

I've looked into GWII it a bit, and I never enjoyed the original, but prolly cause it was so PvP oriented and didn't have a world to explore...just instances. We'll see when more info on it is out, but until then, I don't wish to trap myself in the hype again.

Comment

Yes... I got trapped into the hype of FFXIV as well. But when I first started GW, it was interesting, and had a great story behind it. The gameplay was based off of skill, not hours played (like most games these days.) GW, had a good concept of how to do the game play, they just executed it wrong with doing nothing but instances. It was good that they did them cause you could farm monsters over and over without having issues with others, but it got to a point of being empty, bland, and dry with out anyone to talk to besides your guild.

GW2, is going to have non instance areas, and dynamic questing. I thin NC Soft can pull it off this time, and make a really great game. Also, its going to be F2P, if I have a job when it comes out, I'll defiantly get it. Also, their customer service is the best.

Also... GW2 is 100 years in the future of GW1, and the wold is completely changed. Alliances have been formed between friend and foe, and the charr have taken back their home land from the humans. this time its about the great dragons, that are basically trying to wipe out the races, instead of two factions going at it, with a bigger threat on the horizon, or the charr and humans fighting it out, while there is a bigger threat, and night fall... Hmmm... I forgot that one... Wasn't my fave expansion lol

Comment

Working...
        X