I want my baby back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my baby back!

I played this game about 4 years ago for 2 years and just today tried to reactivate my account. Sad to say, it is now in a deleted server and wont be available unless and until they do another "campaign" where old players can come back. So I was wondering what the grind is like these days and typically how long does it take to level. I've been thinking about maybe just starting over but thinking back to certain things like getting the airship pass and unlocking all the extra jobs and limit breaks, I'm not sure I would be willing to climb those walls, especially knowing in the back of my mind I have a character that has already done all of that. After playing several other mmo's tho, I think this one is the most fun and I would like to get back into it, so if anyone can give me some honest info on any changes that have been implemented which make leveling and finding parties easier, because thats the main thing I dread. Also, what classes are most in demand and which are easiest to solo with...or any info that you think may be interesting to someone who hasnt played since promithia. Thanks alot!

Re: I want my baby back!

The grind is much less of a grind these days. There are a few major points you'd probably find useful:

EXP needed to level has been all around lowered.

There are rings that you can use once a day to increase the EXP you gain for a certain amount of time

Soloing has been made viable for more jobs in a lot of ways: EXP gained from Easy Prey and Decent Challenge mobs was increased significantly, the Dancer job makes a very good solo sub and a system called "Fields of Valor" allows you to take training regiments (basically, go kill X of this mob and Y of this mob) for an exp reward upon completion.

"Level Sync" system has been added, which syncs all of your parties levels down to the level of a chosen party member. Keeps the levels in balance and lets you party with anyone lower level than you, but you can't gain skill ups beyond the level you are synced to.

Most desired jobs are Red Mage, Bard and Corsair these days, but I wouldn't recommend playing them just for a quick ride to 75.

As far as I know, the best solo jobs are Beastmaster, Dragoon and Puppetmaster. Oh, and people actually like Dragoon now, no more "loldrg".

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

The grind is a tad easier nowadays. With the addition of Fields of Valor and Level Sync, it's gotten somewhat easier to level up. As far as soloing jobs, Beastmaster, Puppetmaster, Black Mage, and a few other jobs have an easy time soloing. As far as jobs in demand, well, it really depends per server. My buddy Garrion on Shiva says they have a lack of tanks on his server, but I'm sure Red Mage and Black Mage are still in decent demand.
      Originally posted by Van Wilder
      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
      Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the responses. I already hit lvl 11 BLM on a new account that I started over the weekend on the 360 thinking I was just getting my groove back so I would be ready for my main today, so I'll keep grinding him out and see what happens.

Comment

You're on Shiva right? If so, look up my friend Garrion, he has a lot of experience in the game and is an uber-friendly guy. Just tell him Hexx sent ya to him, I think he has a decent friendly linkshell you could join.
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Woot more ppl for shiva!!! Lol but yeah Shiva does seem to have a lack of tanks. Seems everyone I know that has PLD or NIN lved to 75 likes to play their other jobs, like SAM, instead. But I have noticed Shiva tends to be a very friendly and oddly a very forgiving server for messups.
            Thank you very much to Selphiie for this sig!

Comment

You could also swat up by readign through my thread here and the various links, makign money is not difficult in the early levels.

Comment

Originally posted by kai_samoht View Post
                Woot more ppl for shiva!!! Lol but yeah Shiva does seem to have a lack of tanks. Seems everyone I know that has PLD or NIN lved to 75 likes to play their other jobs, like SAM, instead. But I have noticed Shiva tends to be a very friendly and oddly a very forgiving server for messups.
                LOL I heard their endgame is cut-throat like hell
                I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Havent really done too much endgame yet, just hit 75 a few days ago, but I have done a couple dynamis runs, and in those things they tend to kind of get mad when things go wrong.
                  Thank you very much to Selphiie for this sig!

Comment

Working...
                  X