X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kailea
    replied
    Re: Getting back may character

yeah it happens, like Brielle said, all you can do is start over and learn from past experience

Leave a comment:

• Brielle
    replied

Sometimes these things can be a bit confusing, so I would not dwell on the matter too much. If you can't get the character back (which seems likely), just start over and learn from the mistake. If I were playing at the moment, I would offer assistance on that. Ask one of the many helpful people on these forums, I am sure that one of them would be more than happy to aid you in building a new character.

I wish there was more advice to give, sorry that you had to have this happen.

Leave a comment:

• Kailea
    replied

No you cant get it back, and its still your fault... the game has the job-change system for a reason, you could have just changed to another job and leveled it with him......

Leave a comment:

• Brielle
    replied

World of Warcraft strikes again! Being married to a video game designer, I usually get pulled into playing games of all sorts.

I think that calling them would not hurt, but I do not know if that will automatically mean you are getting your character back. Play Online usually deletes character identities if they have been inactive for three months or more (I believe that is the time frame). Since this was approximately two months ago, your window for retrieving your Elvaan could be up. Try calling to see, it wouldn't hurt to at least try.

Leave a comment:

• jigzaw
    replied

My elvaan was monk in the mid-high 30's. i think lvl36
    Last edited by jigzaw; 04-19-2008, 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• Kittyneko
    replied

Your own fault. Your Elvaan could always have helped you and your friend farming for gil or fighting strong monsters for Quests for eachother.

What level was your Elvaan?

Leave a comment:

• jigzaw
    replied

Well my friend was like "OMG!!! this game is looks like the BEST game ever.how about u delete your character and we can play together.trust me, Ill play with you until u surpass your elvaan." So i was like "ok."
    He never told me that he was ganna buy WoW until it was too late and i also thought that i would never return to my elvaan so i deleted it.
    Now im sad.

Leave a comment:

• Kittyneko
    replied

There's two things you can do. In the PlayOnline Viewer at the FFXI title screen, you can go in the Content ID's menu and try to "Reactive Content ID."

If that doesn't work, you can always try calling POL, and mention something about your little brother accidentally deleting your first character.

Other than that.. I assume you deleted the character on the current Content ID, which would cause the first method to not work at all. (Can't hurt to try.)
    Or you can wait for a "Return to VanaDiel" campaign event, but to be honest.. might take a long time for that to come and then it's still doubtfull that would work.
    So the best thing you can do is call PlayOnline Support I guess.

I'm sure you had a good reason, but why did you delete your first character in first place? Was it because of the extra $1 a month for a second character?

Leave a comment:

• jigzaw
    started a topic Getting back may character

Getting back may character

First off, I began this game about 5 months ago and at that time i didn't know anyone who played. About 2 months and a half after this my friend from school told me he was going to start playing. he mentioned if i could make a new character so that we could start off together so i did. I deleted my elvaan and created a tarutaru. Then like two weeks after this he told me he was just going to buy WoW and not ffxi. so i was like "crap. now i have to start all over." Even though i thought it be so bad, i began to really want my elvaan back. Is there any way that i could delete my current character and get my old one back or am i just screwed?
Working...
X