Returning Player? Maybe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Player? Maybe...

I had a LVL21 WAR/? on Lakshmi named "Tighfield", I think... or Kolbreed one of the two. Had my Chocobo license too. But I just got bored trying to find a decent group to level and my identity was stolen on top on that... on frikkin' X-mas! I'm more stable now, I'm married for one LOL! I'm just undecided as to if I should bother coming back. I doubt anyone on Lakshmi would remember me at all.

I had one question though, about the Fellowship quest. To access that quest do you need a certain expansion pack? I have the Original + RotZ CDs. I would bother to get the CoP at this time.

Re: Returning Player? Maybe...

Not sure about what you are asking as I am myself a brand new returning player.In any case, welcome back

Comment

idk wich quest u r talking about

but anyway i think that if u r gonna come back u should buy both CoP/ToAH exp packs bro also there a new exp coming soon so take a pick my friend
      {Welcome back}

Comment

To be honest with you, I'd recommend against it. if you didn't find FFXI fun then, you probably won't now, and if you spend time just sitting around waiting for an invite...

Well, like you said, you're married, you really have better things to do with your time.

Comment

I'll actually second what Feba said. MMO nostalgia is a powerful thing. I don't know how many times I've resubscribed to a game I used to play only to realize almost immediately that my memories were far more enjoyable than the game itself.

Comment

If you mean the NPC quests...yes you'd need to get more expansions! In fact I'd reccomend that you get CoP and TAOU for the following reasions:

1. around lvl 50-60 most people want to XP in TAOU
            2. There are 3 new jobs that are not accessable without TAOU
            3. CoP has a very good storyline and thanks to some updates there are more willing to help
            4. CoP has some good alternate leveling areas ^^

Lvl 21 you say? In FFXI that's nothing...heck unless you get lvl 25-30 and try to get rank 3 by busting the dragon and/or try CoP...well to me it doesn't seem like you gave the game a chance at all. Most of the more intresting quests/missions come into play around thirity. Personnaly I live for missions and the FFXI storlines...it's my sole purpose in leveling jobs!
            Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
            (have fun MMO players ^^)
            Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
              If you mean the NPC quests...yes you'd need to get more expansions! In fact I'd reccomend that you get CoP and TAOU for the following reasions:
              1. around lvl 50-60 most people want to XP in TAOU
              2. There are 3 new jobs that are not accessable without TAOU
              3. CoP has a very good storyline and thanks to some updates there are more willing to help
              4. CoP has some good alternate leveling areas ^^
              Lvl 21 you say? In FFXI that's nothing...heck unless you get lvl 25-30 and try to get rank 3 by busting the dragon and/or try CoP...well to me it doesn't seem like you gave the game a chance at all. Most of the more intresting quests/missions come into play around thirity. Personnaly I live for missions and the FFXI storlines...it's my sole purpose in leveling jobs!
              Shadowneko, your reply was very positive & I can tell you are a true FFXI Player.

Does that go for the Chocobo Raising too? Has anything changed on the Chocobo License? In my opinion going from 1-20 shouldn't be so difficult & it was for me. Whether I was with guildmates my level or just random people, anything & everything was difficult. But at the time I was younger, now I'm more of a mature player. Most likely a casual player. I seek out mature based guilds (LS's) rather than people that are consumed with raising their rank & PvP all the time.

Comment

Wait, so you're saying that I'm not a "true FFXI player" because I suggested you be prudent with your money?

It seems you're determined to only hear what you want to hear though, so I'll leave you to it.

Comment

He's obviously experienced everything the game has to offer and can tell a true FFXI player a mile off.
                  75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                  Woodworking 91.9+2
                  ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Times are different now for me. I have to choose 1 MMORPG (pay to play). In my younger years I was juggling 2-4 MMORPGs, dishing out over $50 a month in gaming.

I get runned down with WoW, always worrying about my equipment & never having the money to get better equipment. PvPing in WoW is like playing Battlefield 2142, those punks play 24/7, are probably 10-12 years younger than me. It's just insane. They claim to focus on casual players too, but it's all a lie.

Like I said, I'm looking for a mature community that's not all about the BS.

EDIT: Can you not make a Content ID when the servers are down? It says "Cannot play during maintenance" but I need Content ID to update the game. Says my reg code is invalid, but it's clearly in the book.
                    Last edited by Tighfield; 06-12-2007, 10:29 AM.

Comment

You said you got bored looking for a group around level 20. Well things have changed a little, a lot of people now solo to 20. So leveling to 20 might be slower, other then that your experience at 20 probably won't be any different.

Everything that shadowneco said, that is way beyond anything you saw because you got bored with it before then. What you experienced pretty much has not changed, so most people can say you'll probably get bored again.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

never having the money to get better equipment.
                        You'd better the hell be talking about in game money.

And I second murph's opinion that the memories are usually better than the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Tighfield View Post
                          I get runned down with WoW, always worrying about my equipment & never having the money to get better equipment.
                          Good luck with that in Vanadiel.

EDIT: Can you not make a Content ID when the servers are down? It says "Cannot play during maintenance" but I need Content ID to update the game. Says my reg code is invalid, but it's clearly in the book.
                          Just because it's in the book doesn't mean that it's valid. If you already entered it when you played before then you would have to reactive a Content ID, not create a new one.

Now, if this is a new account altogether (just purchased) then you would have to enter the registration codes, which you may not be able to do during maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                          X