Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah, I am reminded of the reason why I put down FFXI.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, I am reminded of the reason why I put down FFXI.

Ah.... my sleeping and playing schedule makes partying extremely difficult. A pain, to say the least, I am standing here again waiting for English players. While I can understand Japanese a little bit.... it doesn't help when there is a communication barrier. =/

FFXI has a great system which foster cooperation and partying to meet new people.... but the partying support system suck bad still, better than before, but still bad.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: Ah, I am reminded of the reason why I put down FFXI.

Ive always just used the auto translator in JP parties.
    <gather together> <where?>
    <in what order shall we do our weapon skills?>
    <thank you> <nice to meet you> /bow

That covers most ground for starting, getting to the camp site, and getting experience.

Comment

I play from 8PM until 7AM. 7AM to 2PM is my bed time.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Jei's nocturnal. Interesting......

Might want to get some sunlight sooner or later. Don't want to get too pale.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

The other problem is I am on Shiva. LOL!
          Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

call me the Hamcula
            Attached Files
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

*runs away in fear of the Hamcula*

That is ALOT of playing. =O

*bows down in praise*

Comment

The normal Hamtaro looks even worse

Comment

But Theyre Sooooo Kawai!!!!!!!! =p

Comment

Originally posted by AKosygin
                    Ah.... my sleeping and playing schedule makes partying extremely difficult. A pain, to say the least, I am standing here again waiting for English players. While I can understand Japanese a little bit.... it doesn't help when there is a communication barrier. =/

FFXI has a great system which foster cooperation and partying to meet new people.... but the partying support system suck bad still, better than before, but still bad.
                    I normally play on Garuda from 9pm-midnight GMT just when the US are starting their evening, problem is when in aprties I always have to leave at midnight (I do have a 9-5 job) parties soemtimes get anoyed when i leave (i do give them 30 mins warning tog et a replacement) I have found it difficult sometimes to get parties.

I have played FF since the first was realeased in the late 80's, yes I am in teh Uk and their are fewer of us players here, and also beign a part time firefighter, some days i have had to literly drop everything and dash tot he station (even in middle of fights) I can't help that. it has made it mroe difficult for me to party and is why its has taken me 2 months just to get a charcter and 2 jobs up to lvl 25, I would only wish their was more solo stuff I could do on weekedays and duty nights. also on staurday and sudnay when i play during the day some Japanees players do not wish to party with non jp players I ahve had many comments relating to don't understand to your not japanees p**s off. (great japaneese saying there, not) unfortunately being in europe we are stiuck in the middle time zone wise and find it very difficult to have good length or static parties with the US or JP's, and when i manage to get on, there are not many british players about that are not already in statics or around my level.

Comment

Yea, i have GMT timezone too here in Portugal, with a 8-6 job <.< i feel your pain
                      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

/hurray full-time job

I think static PTs are the only way to go for gamers with jobs

or you can move over to remora Akosygin and (start a) static with us
                        Last edited by neighbortaru; 03-16-2006, 07:22 AM.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

When we were living in Hawaii (Up until 8 months ago or so) we could only be on JP Prime Time due to work, kids, etc. I've found A: Making your own PT's and B: Good use of the Auto Translator makes things alot easier. My /tell is usually (Excuse Me...) (Experience Points) (Do you need it?) (Veteran) (Party) (Looking for members) NIN/NMK/THF/BRD Long as you're polite, give them all the info they need and are pateint I've found the JP community not nearly as anti-NA as most people think. Of course I played exclusively in their time frame for 3/4 of my play time so I had more time to experience this than most players on the Mainland.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

I don't play FFXI that much after the first month I started playing. I usually play on the weekends, from 9pm-3am. Probally because I'm still concentrated on high school, as a senior.

Comment

Akosygin, yeah what neighbortaru said, move over to Remora and I can level my monk with you @ level 26, or I can start my rdm leveling and get it to 26, then you can switch over to your ranger and we can go from there to 37, then I can take my rdm or bard or blm, up from there, whichever you prefer. The other plan is I start my quest for DRK, then I can get stun for my 75 jobs to use @_@.

neighbortaru: who do we have there total? Your wife, you, me, who else do you know?
                              Hacked on 9/9/09
                              FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Working...
                              X