Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POL error 5312 and installing POL viewer

Hi all,

I recently download FFXI Ultimate Collection from Steam. Day 3 of attempting to set it up and I've gotten nowhere.

I've set up my Square Enix ID, my PlayOnline ID, and purchased a Content ID. So far so good. But when I load PlayOnline Viewer, I got Error: Pol-5312, because my Square Enix ID or password is wrong. Problem is... it never actually asks me for this ID, just my PlayOnline ID. So, I came to the conclusion that it was the fault of the older version of PlayOnline that Steam provide, and I tried to download the most recent from Square themselves.

Next problem: I installed PlayOnline, but when I try to open it again I get an error messages saying "cannot write to the specified destination folder" or something like that. It just won't open. (This is Windows 7, by the way). And when I try to uninstall, it says it can't find the installation source and the uninstall fails.

so I'm now stuck in a terrible limbo... Has anyone else faced these problems before? Anyone know a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: POL error 5312 and installing POL viewer

Error: POL-5312
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Re: POL error 5312 and installing POL viewer

Thanks, but unfortunately that solution doesn't work for me. The guy says the screen should look like this:

Member Name: Whatever!

*Playonline ID: ABCD1234

*Set Password: Save/Not Set

*Password: (Only if you save it)

Member Password: Optional

Confirm Password: Optional

*Square Enix ID: (similar to a Username) (I believe this is also the forum username)

*One-Time Password: Use/Do Not Use

The final two options are missing from my login screen however. There's just no space to enter my Square Enix ID (and no one-time password, either)

Am I the only one to experience this?

Comment

Working...
      X