360 Ultimate Edition Client Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Ultimate Edition Client Problem

Wow, I'm at a loss on several fronts here. I popped the Ultimate Collection disk into my 360 last night, installed Playonline, got the Playonline client upgraded, and FFXI installed. When trying to log into Playonline I realized I didn't have my ID anymore, tore my basement apart looking for my old manual with the ID, found an older one from launch, but not the right one for my most recent account. So I shut down, and called Square today and got my ID. Anyway, I get home, pop the disk back in, and after about 30 seconds of load time, I'm not getting a disk read error, saying to either reset the console, or clean the disk and try again. It keeps doing it too. I clean the disk, nothing. Try half a dozen other games and they all work. I figure maybe the Playonline client got corrupted somehow, and consider trying to wipe the install from the Memory menu, so I can try installing again, and it's not there. 10 gigs, and I can't find the thing anywhere in storage.

Long shot, I know, but has anyone else had this problem with the new or old disks? Heard how I can fix it? Know where in the hell Playonline installs so I can wipe it? Just weirdness all around.

Re: 360 Ultimate Edition Client Problem

If you shut down the console or exited out of the PlayOnlineViewer improperly, I believe there may be some kinda glitch that sounds familiar to what you're describing.

Also...

When I switched consoles due to RRoD, I installed all good; but then got hung up on a "disc read error" similar to what you're describing. My work-around was doing that game installation option on the 360 so it doesn't spin your disc and speeds up load times... I never got that message of "disc read error" again after that.

GL though.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Working...
    X