Xbox 360 keyboard layout problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 keyboard layout problem

(I realize this is not related to the game itself, but I always come here and use the search for tech problems, which have all been solved so far, so it feels natural to ask around here. I'm not sure if this is in the appropriate section though, so feel free to move this if it's not. ^^)

At this point I'm not even sure if I just missed something (a.k.a am I just stupid), or is this a real problem...

I recently bought an Xbox360, and decided to get FFXI on it too (been playing on PC) just for kicks, like they say.

Otherwise everything works fine, and the keyboard works too, with the exception that the keys aren't what they're supposed to be. My keyboard is scandinavian, so I'm not used to the default keyboard layout the Xbox seems to insist on using (bought it from a local store so it's the EU version, maybe the keyboard layout is british then?). To elaborate: the alphabet is fine, I can live without the special characters since I mostly type in english anyway, but what bugs me is that the slashes and other symbols are in the wrong places so I can't type macros, smilies and such without learning the placements all over again.

I've been playing around with the language settings and everything, but it just doesn't work.

The keyboards I tried are a Logitech Media Keyboard something (3 years old so not the newest model), and a new G11. Both work fine otherwise but the layout is just wrong.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have. I feel really weird about this since I couldn't find anything about this problem by googling, and I've solved quite a many computer problems and such by doing that before. Makes me feel like I'm just being stupid now. ;D But I actually hope that's the case now. ^^:
    The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Re: Xbox 360 keyboard layout problem

Have you checked to see if there is a keyboard setting in POL or the pre-logon menus?
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Re: Xbox 360 keyboard layout problem

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
      Have you checked to see if there is a keyboard setting in POL or the pre-logon menus?
      ...Actually I haven't. Since the problem is in the Xbox dashboard (messenger, etc) too I figured it's an Xbox issue.

But now that you mention it, it would help a lot even if I could fix the game-options only. At least the ingame-menus had nothing about this, but I'm not sure about POL.

I'll look into it tomorrow.

EDIT: Didn't find anything there either. :/ Oh well, I guess I wasted my money.
      Last edited by Lanih; 03-17-2009, 07:54 AM. Reason: It's 'tomorrow' now.
      The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

Working...
      X