Ps2 controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps2 controller?

Hey , i'm trying to get my ps2 controller to work with my pc for ff11 thing is it was working fine to start with and i was just trying to fine tune it, Then all of a sudden the controller started going crazy, it now seems to think that the righ stick is UP for trinagle and Down for X , left for Square and right for circle =/ But it stills sees the buttons there.
    I have uninstalled the drivers and uninstalled it from Device manager and try'd reinstalling it but to no0 avail , when i went to "fine tune " it only thing i changed was X to accept and O to cancel =/
    Just doesnt make any sense why it worked then suddenly decided to go crazy =/
    I've even rolled back to later date on the system ie system restore but to no avail again.
    I dont think the problem is down to the ps2 to usb convertor because the vibration and everything works fine just the right stick is went crazy =(
    Oww and for reference im running vista 64x
    Also now i just noticed o.O in the FF11 config it wont let me test vibration any more but in the vista controller console it will =/
    Last edited by squalllion1uk; 09-09-2008, 04:06 AM.
    My Dreams Are Unattainable...That Makes Them All The More Achievable...

Re: Ps2 controller?

Vista? There's a possible culprit right there. It's really bad if you try to use XP or 32-bit drivers since it's so darn picky...
    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
    (have fun MMO players ^^)
    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

To be honest I haven't had many problems with it a few but that was only down to lazy developers not getting drivers out -.-'
      I dont get why it went wacky though :/ Why it suddenly seems to think the right stick is the buttons? =/

Comment

Originally posted by squalllion1uk View Post
        Hey , i'm trying to get my ps2 controller to work with my pc for ff11 thing is it was working fine to start with and i was just trying to fine tune it, Then all of a sudden the controller started going crazy, it now seems to think that the righ stick is UP for trinagle and Down for X , left for Square and right for circle =/ But it stills sees the buttons there.
        I have uninstalled the drivers and uninstalled it from Device manager and try'd reinstalling it but to no0 avail , when i went to "fine tune " it only thing i changed was X to accept and O to cancel =/
        Just doesnt make any sense why it worked then suddenly decided to go crazy =/
        I've even rolled back to later date on the system ie system restore but to no avail again.
        I dont think the problem is down to the ps2 to usb convertor because the vibration and everything works fine just the right stick is went crazy =(
        Oww and for reference im running vista 64x
        Also now i just noticed o.O in the FF11 config it wont let me test vibration any more but in the vista controller console it will =/
        I've read this over a couple of dozens of times now.
        If I wasn't at work at the moment I'd have more detailed post to help you with this.
        I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit too, the only reason that would come into effect is If the drivers for the Ps2 Controller adapter were not microsoft signed.
        Onto a little business.
        I suggest making sure the drivers are* up to date.
        Other than that go to control panel, game controllers, and do this for me.
        Tell me what number pops up for each button you press. I'll coenside and see if it's an FFXI problem or a computer settings problem.

Comment

The right stick, it is the button 1,2,3,4 that pops up in the vista console xD 1 ,2,3,4 is what pops up if i press square triangle etc as well =/
          And the same with ff11 config xD 1 ,2,3,4 =/

Comment

Originally posted by squalllion1uk View Post
            The right stick, it is the button 1,2,3,4 that pops up in the vista console xD 1 ,2,3,4 is what pops up if i press square triangle etc as well =/
            And the same with ff11 config xD 1 ,2,3,4 =/
            I've done so much research trying to find something but I can't seem to find anything that relates to the description you've given me.
            What adapter are you using to connect your ps2 controller to the computer?

Comment

its a Tesun 1 xD just a cheap 1 from amazon =P In vista console its called Ps to PC converter.
              Hahaha google has failed us =O yea i couldnt find anything myself at all , just doesnt make any sense why it worked then decided to not =/

Comment

Working...
              X