anti aliasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti aliasing?

hey, is there a way to enable anti aliasing in FFXI? i have an nVidia 8600 GT, and for my CPU i have a 3.2 ghz core duo, and i have been looking for a way to setup AA, as because i have ffxi running at a resolution of 2560x2048 with all of everything in FFXIconfig at highest, and i still hit the cap of 30 FPS i REALLY want to make the graphics better, since i can obviously handle it.
    SHOW TEH PIMPEST PC ON EARTH!!!

Re: anti aliasing?

I dont think FFXI runs above 12 FPS tbh

disclaimer: not actually being honest,

but with a setup slightly better than yours (in process speed with 3GiG RAM) I hover at about 26 FPS and thats optimized about the best I can. I beleive you are sol, as am I courtesy the PS2 it can not match the rest of the world, and there fore graphics are reduced everywhere else to make it compatible.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

i have 3 gbs of ram as well >> at i get 28-30 constant unless its a VERY populated area... and this sucks

Comment

Ya ive never broken 30 FPS even standing alone in very little populated areas unless there is some type of accelerator for the graphics I am missing on the config but I think everything is capped out. Oh well I wouldnt worry to much about it. The goodness of FFXI does not lie in the graphics, its the bottomless pool of events, quests, storyline that exists, at least thats how I see it.

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

30 FPS is the max for FFXI. The technical limitations simply don't allow you to go any higher. You would probably have to re-program some of the DLLs to enable more then 30, and I doubt you would be able to play online then.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

Yeah, you're stuck cause that's the max...reason being is because that's what SD TV's run at (actually, 29.97 FPS). Since FFXI was designed to be played on an SDTV with a PS2, we're pretty much stuck with that refresh rate regardless of what we play on.

Besides, there's much more to performance than frame rate, and a frame rate over 60-100 FPS is of no use except for bragging rights, 'cause the human eye can't even tell the difference.
            I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
            -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
            http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

man... oh well i will make it triple 1280x1024 and see what i get >:D

Comment

Yeah, now that will make a difference, up to a point. You're still going to hit a cap at some point, when your over-sampling begins to affect performance and gives little improvement to the games graphics. Best bet is to play around with it, took me some fiddling to find the "sweet spot"...

BTW, here's a link that you may have already seen, gives a good explanation of a few of the registry values and what they correspond to, there may be things other than the frame buffer size that you can edit to increase performance. Also, one thing I noticed is that the weather effects really do a number to my performance in general, especially in sandy areas like the Dunes. I turn them all off cause I don't care, and got a performance jump out of that alone. So you may or may not try that based on your preference.
                I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
                -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
                http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

sweet, thanks for the link ^^ yeah, i turn it off as well. just woke up about an hour from now, so gonna tweak all the registries and such, and probably oversample to 2.5-3x... i'll post back!

Comment

Working...
                  X