Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical issues in Campaign

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Selphiie The Enchantress
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    They are cute, its got these little fans that make this little "zzzzzz" sound, im like "awwww"

    Anyway, it helped alot during campaign, i managed to get some merits, im going to push my luck and go PLD to actually be in the front lines with all the people to see if its still my video driver thing. ill keep you updated.

    /stab Sevv

    Thanks again for all your help ^^

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaice
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    I hope it works out for you Selphiie!! Now get back out there and continue your screenshot threads ^o^

    I'll keep looking around to see what the issue may be, I wouldnt figure that a small ingame update would be teh cause for you to need new drivers on your video card.... but I've seen weirder things happen~

    Fans can be cute.... in about the same way an iPod is cute ^^

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    How is a fan 'cute.'

    Leave a comment:


  • Selphiie The Enchantress
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Ok well SOMETHING happened i just dont know what did.

    Updated Driver
    Started Using Official Windower...

    ...Got 4 Merits in Campaign.

    Haven't crashed since. Although Im hoping i can move back to .net windower because i just can't live without my plugins lol.

    (Well i also went to walmart and bought a cooling pad that has two cute lil tiny fans that blow under the laptop and elevates the laptop so it has some air, its really nifty)

    Thanks for the help, if i encounter anymore problems ill be sure to let you know.

    Leave a comment:


  • takutokun
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    I've been having this exact problem alot with my lappy too. My lappy has an ATI video card though. However, when campaign first came around i never noticed this problem at all. I don't remember when, but after some update or some time after, it began crashing during anytime when there were large volumes of people in one area. i.e. whitegate AH. It's very discouraging. Especially since i used to campaign alot due to not having enough free time to exp grind. (school, work, boyfriend)

    Makes me emo -_\\

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    Vista is NT 6.0 (FYI: 2000 = 5.0, XP = 5.1, 2003 = 5.2)

    OP: Have you run all updates from Windows Update? There have been several to address graphical anomalies.
    Oh I see, I didn't know about Vista being 6.0, only knew up to Windows 64-bit (2003) being 5.2. That shows how much I know about Vista now. So the new OS will be NT 7.0?


    Ps > And yeah Selphiie it would be a very good idea running update if you haven't already.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    god...yet another 2gb ram laptop with Vista on it.... I swear I hate these stupid companies that do this.
    Ya, I hate when laptops ship with enough RAM as well. Especially when one component is taking some away from system usable memory, that really busts my chaps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Wait one of the specs you posted says WindowsNT and the other said Windows Vista DirectX10, which one is it? >_<
    Vista is NT 6.0 (FYI: 2000 = 5.0, XP = 5.1, 2003 = 5.2)

    OP: Have you run all updates from Windows Update? There have been several to address graphical anomalies.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaice
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    god...yet another 2gb ram laptop with Vista on it.... I swear I hate these stupid companies that do this.

    5) changing Video memory settings in BIOS
    I'll admit I haven't had issues with vista on my toaster yet... but my machine is a bit beefier than a laptop can get to comfortably.

    Selphiie since you don't have much experience with computers I'd recommend leaving that suggestion alone until you can get a friend that is aware of how to change your BIOS settings to help.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    god...yet another 2gb ram laptop with Vista on it.... I swear I hate these stupid companies that do this.

    there are a few things you can do to free up system resources and update things.... search google for the following

    1) Clearing startup on Vista
    2) updating Direct X
    3) updating video driver (seems like you have done this)
    4) updating Windows Vista
    5) changing Video memory settings in BIOS

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaice
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    And... I think I found out a bit of info on your system, it looks like it is the 700$ gateway laptop that's featured on their website right now.

    · Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2330 (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
    · Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (32-bit)
    · 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    · 120GB 5400rpm hard drive
    · Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
    · 802.11b/g Wireless
    · Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Web Cam

    If that seems right lemme know, I'm looking into both DirectX driver issues involving Windows Vista (there's a post on the forums some where regarding that) for you and the ability to upgrade to a better graphics card if needed. At the best price I can find.

    I tried to call Microsoft tech support today with an issue I have for Office 2007 and ask about Direct X software as well.... but seriously... being asked to spell my name 7 times before asking me what was wrong pretty much shot me from giving a flying hell about Microsoft tech support from here on out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Originally posted by Selphiie The Enchantress View Post
    Whats DirectX?
    /gasp!

    *ehem* I mean it's the set of instructions used to make the game you are playing so to speak, sort of, main systems used for windows compatible games are OpenGL and DirectX.

    There are compatibility issues between different OS, different video card manufacturers and different DirectX versions, because even though they use the same set of instructions they approach their applications in different ways.

    Sometimes a little error between the way the game and the video card handle those instructions can lead to your game crashing or making the system unstable enough so the OS has to close it. Which is kind of like it seems to be happening here.


    Edit > Your computer has more than enough horsepower to run XI, if it wasn't enough your game would just run very slowly, but that isn't the case, this is a software related problem most likely. But there is only so much we can do without being able to check the computer personally. :/


    Edit +1 > Have you always had this problem did it start after installing another game/software? Sometimes other program's installation can mess up other programs already installed.
    Last edited by Raydeus; 03-27-2008, 02:34 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaice
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Your computer may not have enough resources to run the more intensive places of the game.... If I can find your computer on the Gateway website I'll compile a list of what you may be able to add graphic card wise to be able to run everything.

    The game is old enough that it should work flawlessly on your computer.

    Hell... my friends 4 year old computer runs the game with very little problems

    DirectX® 10
    Last edited by Jaice; 03-27-2008, 02:27 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Selphiie The Enchantress
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    Whats DirectX?

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Technical issues in Campaign

    It sounds a lot like a software conflict with DirectX. o_O

    Edit > Wait one of the specs you posted says WindowsNT and the other said Windows Vista DirectX10, which one is it? >_<

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X