Alt-tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alt-tab

So is there any way around this Alt-tab nonsense? It just seems silly to me that I can't check my email or reply to an IM while my character is healing. I loaded FFXI via Steam last night and that allowed me to keep in touch with my friends playing other games but I'd still like to be able to get to the internet so I can look up quests, maps, skillchains, etc... Any suggestions would be great.

Thx,
    Croix

Re: Alt-tab

Killingifrit.com's Underground forum section may have something you'd be interested in but you might have to buy it out of the back of a van.

Comment

SE has said they are going to release an official windower at some point. Its highly hoped/rumored that this will happen with or shortly after WotG.

Comment

It is kinda annoying that I now have to do Ctrl-Alt-Del just to ditch a party full of level 75 morons who think they're the epitome of godlike melees.

Just kidding.. I know SE did it as a prep for their own windowed-mode support. A heads-up would've been nice instead of trying for 15 minutes one night why I couldn't jump out of the game.
        Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
        Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
        Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

in other news, computers are cheap as hell.

if you PM me where you live, I can probably find you a second computer you could use for under $100. Second computers > windowed mode.

Comment

A friend of mine is building a computer that can easily play Crysis for about $600. Computers are definately getting cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
              A friend of mine is building a computer that can easily play Crysis for about $600. Computers are definately getting cheaper.
              I know, right? I get cost on computer parts where I work, and when the new quad cores started coming in, I damn near soiled myself...don't remember what retail was on them, but cost was only like $300. Way less then the $500 and up that I figured they'd be, and this was when they first came in, the price can only have dropped by now.

Of course, factor in the new mobo I'll need, plus the new ram, video card, etc, and I'm still dropping a bit on my new PC when I get my tax return, but I figure it'll be money well spent (still running single core AMD o.c.'d to 2.8 GHz with 2 gigs PC3200 memory...WAAAAAY too slow, crysis demo tops out at 800x600 with everything set to low ;
              I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
              -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
              http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                ... but you might have to buy it out of the back of a van.
                Advance apologies for the off-topicness but this is the best phrase I've read in years ...

Comment

For the past few months, I've always ended up using this, even if the official windower happens to mess around with my frame rate (which I hope it won't):

http://www.inchwest.com/mapkeyboard.aspx

I play with Compact setting even on a full-size keyboard (just because I'm more used to it), so I switch the tab and Number Pad 0 keys around to keep me from hitting alt-tab by mistake. Sure does free up my CTRL1 and ALT1 macros, heh.

Something for the full-screeners until official windower comes around.

Comment

Working...
                  X