Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Lag Issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Strange Lag Issues

    I haven't logged in FFXI since April. I log in today and my Receiving Ping skyrockets almost all the time. I'm usually at 1400~1900. However, sometimes, it does go down to about 300. My Sending Ping is never over 200, though.

    So, I'm confused. I'm not on a router, I'm directly connected through my cable modem. My firewall isn't causing it... I dunno what happened. :'(
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Strange Lag Issues

    Is this everywhere, or in towns?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Strange Lag Issues

      1400~1900 in towns and up to 750 outside of them. :/
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Strange Lag Issues

        Do you have another online game that you can play to see if it's occuring there? The cause for latency might be between your ISP (or their upstream provider) and the registration server where you log in to play FFXI.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Strange Lag Issues

          this past week I hyave been getting knocked off line(only to the screen where you click to "play game") every 30 min. I haven't changed my router but I believe it may have something to do with it.

          1 question to the op:where are you playing from(America, Japan, or Europe--if America what part of the country?) I am playing in upstate NY and it seems like time warner cable internet connection is bad compaired with other providers(time warner uses roadrunner in my area).
          u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

          Comment

          Working...
          X