Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the graphics ingame

dunnno if someone having the same problem as me but
    when i view chars and WS effects in model viewers it looks so different than ingame
    even thought i use the highest performance in ffxi settings and my vga is good

well >< if you didn't get what i mean , see the following screenshot from a model viewer for a weaponskill

those balls effects never show clear . and the lines don't even exist ingame
    i saw some others have it all in their screenshots so i was wondering why it doesn't work well with me

sorry if someone already asked before ._.

Re: about the graphics ingame

it looks like that for me?

Comment

What weaponskill is that? I dont think I've ever seen it ; ;

Comment

Don’t mean to sound like an ass by asking this, but…

Do you have Excalibar in game? Or the Dynamis counter part?

If so… congratulations!

Anyway, Knights of the Round is a light based weapon skill as you can guess from the pretty lil white shinnies and in the model viewer you have a black background so it seems to me its all a matter of lighting.

The model viewer, although full of lighting and shading gadgets, would need some tweaking to make it look like in game footage.

I could be way off, but weapon skills in game can seem less in your face depending on the time of day (light or dark) or weather effects.

Comment

Knights of the Round?

Edit> Redx beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
            If so… congratulations!

Anyway, Knights of the Round is a light based weapon skill as you can guess from the pretty lil white shinnies and in the model viewer you have a black background so it seems to me its all a matter of lighting.
            The model viewer, although full of lighting and shading gadgets, would need some tweaking to make it look like in game footage.
            I could be way off, but weapon skills in game can seem less in your face depending on the time of day (light or dark) or weather effects.
            nope not exc , the dynamis counter part as you call it yes
            but i'm just giving an example , its not just this ws , almost all the WSs that have special explosions and stuff don't look cleared to me even blade ku

Comment

It can definatly be the lighting. One of the many purposes in the 3-Dimensional world of making things looks realistic is indeed a fact, lighting. Course, that's just one of them, but it plays a huge part in making things look good. Try using that WS with a gray background or red, it won't look as good. Another thing is you get alot more fps in Altana View than in-game ( Meaning if you get way over 30fps while playing i will have to ask you to send your computer to me <_<). Still, i don't see a major difference here. I've seen KotR in-game, and that looks about right. One more thing is the mip-mapping lvl you have set in-game (Or could be video card thats not playing the role when it goes into Altana View) which can greatly effect texture quality at a distance.

Comment

On a side not, what model view is that that lets you view the effects on weapon skills?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
                  On a side not, what model view is that that lets you view the effects on weapon skills?
                  I'd also like to know this. My Model Viewer only shows the motions of a weaponskill, not the actual effects.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                  SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Altana View. It's in the dat sextion I believe.

Comment

Here ya go http://www.ffximc.com/page.php?id=60

Comment

Originally posted by Kiraa View Post
                        i use the highest performance in ffxi settings and my vga is good
                        What kind of graphics card is in your system? Just out of curiousity...

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                        ------
                        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire View Post
                          Very cool, thanks. Right on time for me to change my sig. lol And yes, it'll be smaller.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post

If so… congratulations!

You don't need to have excalibur to do weapon skills in game. You can always swap dats to do certain skills for others.

I've swapped in Savage Blade for my Black halo on my whm and it looks like savage blade.
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Working...
                            X