360(bad tv) or PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360(bad tv) or PC

i have a 360 with a decent 24 inch tv..i think, but not bad, but the brightness on it is really bad, so if theirs black on pure white, it can be hard to read the black lettering, and theirs not much i can do to fix it, would FFXI be ok on this tv?

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: 360(bad tv) or PC

I would definitely recommand the PC version over the 360, especially if you don't have a fancy TV to go with the 360.

The PC version is much more configurable, you get a clearer picture, more readable text from ht emonitor, and keyboard+mouse, IMO, is a much more efficient interface than a controller pad.

Another advantage is, most people have a sofa for TV/console play, or just sit on the floor, while have better ergonomic chair/desk for the PC. For long periods of playing, the chair/desk is better for your health.
    Junior Member?

Comment

ok, now with my computer, i have a gig of ram and a really bad 64 MB video card. would i handle fine?

Comment

You can find FFXI benchmark apps on the playoneline site, download section. Run that on your PC and get a feeling of how well your hardware will perform for FFXI.

EDIT: here, got you some links

Benchmark
        POL SystemInfo
        Junior Member?

Comment

define bad. as long as it has hardware TnL and supports Direct X 8, you should be playable.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

may i ask what Tnl is?

Comment

Originally posted by the_ultimate_shadow View Post
              may i ask what Tnl is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transform_%26_Lighting
              Junior Member?

Comment

ok, ty, from what it tells me i am barely hitting recomended for video card or "vram", so i should be fine

Comment

I'd suggest getting a cheap 128mb card though, might help make your experience good enough. Your RAM is fine though, how about your CPU?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

I played ffxi when It was first released on a computer with 800 mhz prossesor, 256 mb of ram and a 32 mb graphics card and at that time hey it was not bad :D But with a 64 mb and a gig of ram you can surly run it near ps2 settings.
                    Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
                    62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

my cpu is fine, its a pentium 4 processor, i would love just to make it easy and get the 360 one...but my 17 inch lcd flat panel display beats my 24 inch sh**ty TV with incredible brightness that makes it hard to read or see certain things which is un fixable........

Comment

FFXI relies far more on your computer's processor than it does on your video card, unfortunately. So upgrading your vid card isn't going to make a substantial difference. It helps, don't get me wrong, but it's not a deal-breaker.

If you can't afford to get a newer TV then the PC version sounds like it would make more sense. Honestly, if you're already playing WoW (as you've indicated in other threads), you'll have no problems with FFXI.

Comment

well in opinion i would pick tv, but you know you can buy cables to hook your 360 up to your monitor right.....
                          "Oooo oooo, Mr. GM, that guys fishes a lot.
                          Oooo oooo, Mr. GM, that guy camps the guilds all the time.
                          You know what?
                          Shut the hell up."

Comment

Since I don't have a 360 I don't know anything about it. If you can just do that, then get the 360 version and don't worry about it.

Comment

you know, thats a great idea...i could just buy those cables....the only thing is.... i dunno how the combat works with 360, i know with the pc the inter face is all easier, just the only difference is gonna be the mouse versus controller(considering i have a keyboard for my 360) so i gues i would have to figure that out if u could help me out a little bit more on how the mouse affects the game as in the interface with it, that would be great, but so far you guys are helping alot

Comment

Working...
                              X