Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me how well this computer will run FFXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me how well this computer will run FFXI?

Its pretty specific so, my searches didn't bring up anything. What I'd like to know is if someone could give me a rough estimate of how well these specs would run FFXI.
    I know a little about computers, but not enough to answer a question like this on my own >_>;

Processor AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3500+ (2.2GHz / 512KB L2 cache)
    Memory 512 MB 400MHz (2x256)
    Hard Drive 80GB SATA Hard Drive
    Graphics Card Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
    Sound Card Integrated 5.1 Capable Sound w/ front audio ports

Please reply soon so I can order it :3
    "Damn you! You'll poke us all straight to HELL!!!!!" -Onishin (Celestial Dreams Linkshell)

Re: Can anyone tell me how well this computer will run FFXI?

Should be fine. Could use more RAM though. Maybe a full gig. Just to reduce lag and such.

Comment

should run it just fine. ffxi is more cpu bound than graphics. a non integrated videocard would help with any games you play. 1 gig of ram seems to be the norm these days and 2 gigs rocks. some pcs wont handle that much. upgrading is easy but you get what you pay for. dont shop walmart for pc hardware. www.newegg.com

Comment

Get a better gfx card and drop the sound card, intragrated sound on the motherboard would be just fine. (If that was the sound card i think it is, with the savings you could buy gfx card)
        And use TG stores to shop around for the best price. (It's basically price grabber but I think less questionable stores pop up there) And yes my and 3200 is still quite nice for gameing, plus (this primarily apply's if you are building the pc) the amd 64's over clock very nicely

And more ram never hurt's

Amd +3200, asus Sli mobo(it was on sale -_-), gigabyte nvidia 6600 gfx card, samsung 250gig hd and 1gig corsiar value ram. My pc gets incredibly tough in the benchmark on High. And on that note Ati videocards are better for ffxi
        Last edited by Thrasher; 06-11-2006, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Have you tried running the benchmark test? It will let you know how you stand with your current setup. I believe it tells you the ratings on the webpage.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

IT should run it fine, both my computers (desktop and laptop) ate the benchmark for lunch

3980 on the desktop
            4108 on the laptop

Comment

My computer is almost identiacl to yours and mine ran fine, as long as the drivers are upto date or closer, dont try runing it off the drivers givin to you in the CD box becareful they are useless.
              My comp is a little faster but sounds like you have a retail comp (mines persinally built rom the ground up) and a better grphics card
              I installed it and high res got just over 2000 and low res got 2700+ so you should be able to run it quite well, maybe try upgrading your ram because that will help the game more than the benchmark will account for.

Intel Q6600 2.55ghz Quad Core CPU
              4 GB 5400 DDR2 RAM
              24" Asus & 22" Samsung LCDs
              Diamon Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5 PCI-E Vid Card
              2.3TB HD Space
              850w PSU
              Custom Painted Armour Case w/ 7 case fans
              2 Neon Cold Cathodes

Custom painted orange Gaming Armour rig!
              http://yfrog.com/eopicture166hj

Comment

Played FFXI on a AMD Thunderbird(??) 1.3 GHz with a GForce 3200 and 32MB Video RAM and 512 RAM. It worked fine on that, well under the specs you put up and it ran it with little problem even with full weather effects and TnL it did just fine.

It did struggle a little using the 1024x1024 settings with High Compressions, but it did ok with 1024x1024 settings with no compressions (Probably won't notice it unless you are a visual junky).

Now though mine is:

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 2GHz System Bus (2.4Ghz processor)
                Nvidia GForce 7900GT w/ SLI and 256MB Video RAM
                Asus A8N SLI mobo

Got to say it runs very smoothly now, only problem I have is my monitor is so dated now. Got to upgrade that...

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I have AMD 64 3000+
                  Nvidia 6600GT 128mb ram
                  1GB Corsair PC3200 ram, dual channel

Mine is a big lagging, especially on the beach. why is that ?

I run the benchmark and it show 4875 on High but I am lagging so badly
                  Last edited by ahjuang; 07-06-2006, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahjuang
                    I have AMD 64 3000+
                    Nvidia 6600GT 128mb ram
                    1GB Corsair PC3200 ram, dual channel

Mine is a big lagging, especially on the beach. why is that ?

I run the benchmark and it show 4875 on High but I am lagging so badly
                    possibly the software running in the background, like antivirus? just turning it off might not help in some cases, especially ones from norton. also, it could be possible that there r many "junks" left in the registry which is making the whole PC slow, if u happen to install/unstall a lot of softwares.

other than that, try updating the video card driver. and if this still doesn't help, check to see if ur video card is overheating. i haven't seen how badly urs is lagging, so i can't say for sure, but if it's lagging too bad that u can't play without getting mad and having to throw, i mean really throw like a major leaguer, ur keyboard and controller out, it could be hardware-related, in which case the video card is first to doubt about.

Comment

wow, my pc is old. i have a geforce 4 and only one stick of 256mb ram, but i can run FFXI with full settings fine.

Balmor: Elvaan Male San D'oria Rank 7
                      BST 70 WAR 56 NIN 35 THF 30 MNK 30 PLD 22 DRG 19 RDM 13

Malag: Tarutaru Male Windurst Rank 10
                      BLM 75 WHM 37 BRD 20 THF 16 BST 14

Comment

Working...
                      X