Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window mode. Shouldn't we get the option?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window mode. Shouldn't we get the option?

I was thinking that the FFXI team should allow players the choice of playing ffxi in a window. I know of many people who use a windower, not for the sake of changing FFXI, but just so they can play in a window. It is very bothersome to not be able to minimize the window without the game closing out. For example, It would be very helpfull if a player could play in a window mode so that he may check an online internet guide to figure out what he needs to do for a quest. I find myself tempted to download a 3rd party program so I can use a windower. I think it would be nice if the ffxi team would consider things.

Please leave comments.

Thankyou,

Garrett

Sorry i should have posted this in the subforum. I'm a new memeber here. If possible can you please move my topic to the apporiate area? Thankyou.
    Last edited by Shinjuma; 09-10-2005, 11:04 PM.

Re: Window mode. Shouldn't we get the option?

I'm not really one for needing to check online guides all the time, but damn, just being able to go AFK and do other computer work would be nice. I mean, logging in/out of POL is a pain.

Comment

The whole reason why SE decided not to give the option of a windowed mode is to limit the ease in which people cheat. Without windower it's much more difficult to manage 3rd party programs and makes it easier for SE to monitor what the player is doing if they don't have it windowed.

I fully understand why people would want the option to play windowed but I feel people should play the game the way SE intended it. If you are bored while logged in then, don't play or logout. If you need info on quests, get it before logging on. Sounds harsh but that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodachi
        The whole reason why SE decided not to give the option of a windowed mode is to limit the ease in which people cheat. Without windower it's much more difficult to manage 3rd party programs and makes it easier for SE to monitor what the player is doing if they don't have it windowed.

I fully understand why people would want the option to play windowed but I feel people should play the game the way SE intended it. If you are bored while logged in then, don't play or logout. If you need info on quests, get it before logging on. Sounds harsh but that's how I feel.

I agree
        → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
        ∧____∧
        (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

Originally posted by Nodachi

While it is true that without a windowed mode its much harder to run other 3rd party apps the windower has made it pointless. Those people who would and do use other hack are not going to have any problem with using the windower aswell, and its not exactly hard to find.

At first I was in support of the lack of a windowed mode for just those points you have stated but since there's a 3rd party app to window FFXI now and provides other functionality aswell I beleave that it would be in SE's best interests to offer a windowed mode, if just to cut down on the number of people who use the windower with exploitative plug-ins.

Comment

From a programmer stand point it's not "harder" to run 3rd party aps, and manage them. Simple keyboard shortcuts are all you need.

Now, just a random point of view though, I think I remmeber reading some place that the reason they don't allow PC ffxi to run in windowed mode is because the are trying to get it closely to emuliate the PS2 version.
            -Baka Inu!
            Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
            Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
            Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
            Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

yea but if they wanted them both to be simular then they should do some patch for the PS2 version to beable to change screensize on there...because it is a pain playing in 300-600 or close to that .....

Comment

Wouldn't be possible. The PS2 wouldn't be able to run the game in any higher resolution, seeing as how the system itself doesn't support any higher resolution. It'd kill the machine.
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Windower would sure make my life a bit easier. My Dad just started a limo service and needs to me to be on call with the computer and mapquest/googlemaps ASAP when he calls... He gets P.O. if I don't get it instantly
                  They could at least make the system sign out a bit faster... or have a quick log out option....
                  (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                  sigpic

Comment

Alt+Tab my friend..
                    | WHM 75 | NIN 71 | BLM 40 | WAR 37 | THF 35 | RNG 30 | SMN 29 |

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Flash
                      Alt+Tab my friend..
                      You've obviously never played FFXI.

You Alt+Tab and it's the same thing as Alt+F4.

Comment

I just use a router and a laptop that sits next to my desktop. FFXI is on my desktop, internet on my laptop.
                        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
                          I just use a router and a laptop that sits next to my desktop. FFXI is on my desktop, internet on my laptop.
                          Which is an expensive option which many don't have enough money to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSim321
                            yea but if they wanted them both to be simular then they should do some patch for the PS2 version to beable to change screensize on there...because it is a pain playing in 300-600 or close to that .....
                            Unfortunatly the PS2 only supports 640x480 or 640x448 resolutions depending if you're in PAL or NTSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Xhaztol
                              You've obviously never played FFXI.

You Alt+Tab and it's the same thing as Alt+F4.
                              He/she was replying to:
                              Originally posted by ruffrydasean
                              They could at least make the system sign out a bit faster... or have a quick log out option....
                              Xhaztol knows alt-tabbing is instant-logout.

Title: Sergeant Major
                              SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                              Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                              Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                              Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Working...
                              X